Nobody Left

Barry's fingers traced patterns on my back as I laid on top of him. He had taken his lunch break to come to my apartment, knowing that I was still fuming over the whole situation. Earlier on, Rose had come to visit, more for her benefit than mine. However, what I thought was going to be a comforting conversation soon turned into a huge debate over whose fault it was for the incident with the gunmen. She too blamed me for it all. If she had been someone else, I would have ignored it, but this was my best friend. She was supposed to be supporting her. I threw her out of my apartment, not wanting to go over the whole thing again.

      And when Barry showed up two hours later, he saw my bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks, he asked no questions about it. So that's when he had the idea of just lounging on the sofa together. Barry brought me comfort like no one else, he always knew how to make me happy or calm. Soon enough, I was starting to feel sleepy.

"Bethan?" I lifted my head to look at him."I know that you may not like this idea, but I think that you should stay at Star Labs during the day."

"Why?"

"Just so that I know you're safe. And you can't stay in your apartment all day, it isn't healthy."

"I mean, it would be nice to see some people who don't blame me for everything."

"I've asked already. They said that you wouldn't be a bother and it would be great to have another person around the lab."

"By 'them', do you mean Caitlin and Cisco? I'm guessing Wells wasn't asked."

"He can't do anything about it."

"It's his laboraty, I'm pretty sure he can kick me out."

"You'll be fine. Just don't worry about anything."

"You're telling me to not worry? My boyfriend is a superhero, I'm always in potential danger and everyone hates me because they think it's my fault that these criminals are running around."

"Well, you have a point. Not everyone hates you."

"Name some people who don't."

"Me, Caitlin, Cisco, Joe-"

"No, Joe hates me. He wants us to break up because he thinks it will lower the crime level. Even if he doesn't hate me, he definitely doesn't like me."

"It will all work out, trust me."

                                                 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning, I drove down to Star Labs, a part of me happy that there were people that wanted me, however I was hoping that I wouldn't run into Wells. That was a stupid thought, he worked with Cisco and Caitlin. Nevertheless, I just wanted today to be peaceful with no arguments. Walking through the halls, my heels made everyone aware that I had arrived as they echoed. Another pair of heels also entered the building.

"Bethan!" Caitlin called out. I stopped and waited for her. In her hands, she held four coffee cups, in the other a cake box and on her shoulder, her handbag. I took the coffees from her.

"Hi Caitlin. Doing the breakfast run?" I asked.

She laughed."If I could get us all breakfast, it would not be coffees and doughnuts. Oh, I git you a hot chocolate, Barry told me what you liked and disliked."

"Thank you."

"Yep, he called me early this morning. Very early."

"Sorry about that."

"It was cute but a text would have done just fine." We entered the kab where Cisco was already on one of the computers."Hey Cisco."

"Hi." His eyes didn't leave the screen. Caitlin went to her mini surgery and as I sat down next to Cisco, he finally looked up."Bethan! Hi, I didn't see you there."

We exchanged a hug."Yeah, well you're stuck with me now." I took a doughnut out of the box, happy with the result of my lucky dip.

Cisco gasped."I have a great idea! Come with me." He grabbed my free hand, pulling me out of my chair.

       It was half an hour later and I was standing in the room where the Super-treadmill normally was. But for today, it had been taken out of there and instead, I was put in it's place.

"Cisco?" I shouted. He was in the other room where he would observe me. I still had no clue what I was doing. And I wanted more doughnuts.

"Relax, it's just a little experiment." He came into the room  holding a small gun. This scared me.

"What are you doing with that gun?"

"It's for you." He placed it in my hands."And it is not just a normal gun. You are holding the Ramen Slay-em gun!" I tried to contain my laughter."The name is still a work in progress."

"Ok, so what does the Ramen Slay-em gun do?"

"It's not a gun per say, it's more of a taser. But it's really powerful!"

"This won't kill anyone, will it?"

"No, it will either shock them or knock them out cold."

"Cisco, if I'm found carrying this-"

"I'm not giving it to you now, it's for missions."

"Oh, Cisco, I-"

"Let's get testing!" He disappeared into the other room, giving me a thumbs up through the window. He instructed me to aim it at the dummmy he had found. He would tell me when to fire.

"Um, Cisco, why are the cardboard boxes still here?"

"Oh, they're, ah...I couldn't be bothered to move them." He said it more as a question than a statement. Ignoring this, I held up the gun/taser, aiming it at the chest of the dummy."Ok, three, two, one-"

Barry's voice was suddenly heard."Cisco what are you-"

"Fire!"

       Without thinking, I pulled the trigger, which shot out some sort of electrical current onto the dummy. Unfortunately, due to the power, I was sent back with a great force into the cardboard boxes. So that's what they were for.  They all came tumbling down on me, burying me from the others.