Faces

I rolled around the back of the van in pitch black as we swerved everywhere. My body hit the sides multiple times, I could feel the bruises forming. It was almost impossible to stable myself as there was nothing to grab onto. We went over a bump in the road, but because of the speed we were going at, I flew up into the air, landing back down hard. It seemed as if we were never going to stop.

Eventually, we skidded to a halt. The back doors opened, revealing that I was now dark, just like the van was. The shape shifter had changed again, still as a strong male but a different face. He pulled me out of the vehicle, shoving me onto the pavement. We were outside of a skyscraper, a business tower which was still full of people who were working. Picking me up off the floor again, we stumbled around the building, making our way towards a fire escape.

As he kicked down the door, I tried to pry his hands off of me but that made him angry. There was a fire alarm to the left of us which he pulled down on, setting the alarm off. We went towards the lift which would not be of use to anyone else and he pressed the top floor button. The journey took forever, and I prayed that someone would realise that there was someone using the lifts. Unfortunately, we reached the top, climbing out as soon as the doors opened.

The top floor looked like it was in the process of being refurbished as furniture like desks and chairs were still wrapped up in the clear plastic. I was shoved into a chair that had been put together, before being tied up in it. He walked over to the window, pulling out a phone, mumbling into it.

I struggled with the rope, attempting to escape but it was no use. I really needed to start defending myself, I couldn't keep ending up like this. What frightened me the most was that the only person on my mind was Iris, what was she going to do if she found out? I could just imagine her face right now.

A gust of wind made the papers fly around the office. I ducked my head as they scattered around the place. When I looked back up, The Flash was facing the meta human, getting into a fighting stance. I shuffled around in my chair as they trash talked each other but I ended up falling on my side, my arm taking all of the hit to the floor. Both men turned to look at me but because The Flash was distracted, the meta human had the upper hand, making the first move.

From my view on the ground, I saw them fighting. The meta human kept changing form, various faces appearing, some of which we both knew. Still struggling, I just ended up making my position worse, causing myself to become uncomfortable.

Within a few minutes, Barry had defeated the meta human. He picked up the body, rushing out of the building but was back within a few seconds. He picked me up and untied me. As he stopped me up into his arms, a telephone on the desk went off. Barry and I shared a glance before he put me back down on the floor. Hesitantly, he picked it up, waiting for something to be said.

"Just wait." Then the line went dead.