Fluffy Moments

"This is nice." I said as I opened a pizza box, checking that the toppings were correct."Just relaxing with some food and drinks."

"Yeah it is." Barry smiled, placing an arm around my shoulder.

We were at Joe's house about to watch an American football match. Although I had no clue what the rules were and I wasn't too interested in sports, I came along just for Barry. It was usually just their thing but they had invited me to join them; Barry had become more protective (if that was even possible) and wanted to keep an eye on me since the kidnapping and mysterious phone call. Iris and Eddie were suppose to be coming too.

"Are you two comfortable?" Joe smiled as he sat in his own chair.

"Definitely." Barry said back.

"When are the others turning up?" I asked, watching the adverts come on the tv.

"Actually, they aren't going to make it. Don't ask, I think they've got an argument going on. But Iris insists that everything should be ok by morning."

"Oh I hope so." I sighed, feeling sorry for the couple.

The night went by quickly. Both men laughed at me as I tried to wrap my head around the rules of the game. It was great to spend time with these people around me, I felt as if I had a normal life. But the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated having a superhero as a boyfriend. Although I could be scared at times it didn't matter as I was surrounded by my close friends and the man that I loved.

"Looks like we've run out of beer." Joe announced half way through the game."I'll go to the store."

"It's alright Joe, I'll go. I don't want you to miss the game." I offered.

"I can get it, it's just around the corner. You two stay here in the warm."

He hastily left, seeming very happy. Barry and I continued to watch the adverts that split up the game until Barry suddenly turned the tv off. He removed my legs from his lap, lying me to my feet too. I had no clue what was going on. I was even more surprised when he suddenly kissed me.

"Barry, are you alright?" I giggled as we pulled away.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he asked quickly.

"Oh, just asking. You seem a little...well very affectionate."

"Is that bad?"

"Of course not."

"So anyway, Bethan, I have been wanting to talk about this for a while."

"Oh God, are you breaking up with me? Was that the last kiss we were ever going to have?" I panicked.

"What? No of course not. It's quite the opposite actually."

"Barry, you're not making any sense."

"Ok, just listen, yeah?"

I nodded.

"So, we've known each other for quite a while, and we've been through a lot together. We have saved each other multiple times and we even had that little breakup. But that breakup showed me how much I need you. And as cliché as that sounds, it's very much true. We both knew that it was a terrible mistake, I was an idiot."

"Something we can both agree on."

"Hey, I thought you were staying quiet?"

"Sorry." I smiled.

"You've done so much to support me, to help me deal with being a superhero. I love you Bethan. So,"he suddenly dropped on one knee, producing a small box, containing a beautiful diamond ring. I gasped loudly, suddenly becoming faint,"Bethan Hills, will you marry me?"