Hold Me Closer

Waking up, I felt someone's chest underneath me, the rise and fall as they breathed. Looking up, I saw Barry asleep. Panicked, I checked our bodies; we were still clothed (well, apart from his bare chest). Breathing a sigh of relief, I settled back down in his arms, wanting to just fall asleep all over again; and hope that last night's events repeated themselves.

After Barry had kissed me, we both knew that we had feelings for each other. I was shocked after this ever so passionate display of affection, making him think that I didn't want it. He had apologised and panicked, until I kissed him again, only this time shorter. Somehow, we ended up in my room (probably from making out) but wrapped in each others arms, sleeping peacefully. My heart was racing at the thought of it all.

Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, I checked for any notifications of any sort. Getting rid of any social media notices, I instead focused on calls or messages. There were quite a few, keeping me occupied whilst Barry still slept. After a few minutes of scrolling through everything on my phone, Barry started to stir, moving underneath me. Forgetting I was there, he began to sit up until he saw me. Without a word, he pulled me onto his chest, making me sit up.

"Did I wake you?" I asked him quietly.

He shook his head."No. I need to get up anyway."

"Why? I think you should stay here with me, to be honest." I giggled.

He grinned at me, pulling me closer to him."If I could stay, then I would. But I have work," suddenly I was flipped onto my back with Barry hovering over me,"unlike some people."

"Fine. Go, leave me by myself."

"Stop acting like the victim. I feel guilty." He leant down to kiss me and I met him half way. As we got more into the kiss, a phone went off. The sound was muffled, meaning that it was underneath something. Pulling away, Barry groaned, frantically searching for his phone. Soon enough, he found it. Sitting on the bed with his back to me, he started talking on the phone. I crawled over, wrapping my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder. One of his hands held onto my arm, the other holding the phone up to his ear.

"Yeah....but Joe-I had to stay! She felt unsafe. Uh, she's asleep. No, nothing happened. Ok, I'll be there soon!" That was the only part of the conversation I heard. Barry turned his head so that it was angled towards me.

"I know, you have to go." I sighed.

"I'll try and see you later. I have a feeling Joe will call you in to explain what is happening to the criminal."

"Well then, I guess I'll see you later."

It was sort of hard for Barry and I to depart. Not because it was sad, it was just the fact that we kept making out made it impossible to separate. Eventually, I knew that I would have to make him leave. Once he was gone, I started to get ready for the day, seeing as I had no work.

It was turning into he afternoon quite quickly as Barry and I had slept in late. Just as I was washing up my plate from lunchtime, my mobile rung. I expected it to be one of the girls, seeing as I had texted them all about my current situation. Before lunch, I decided to inform them all that I was fine and perfectly safe from now on, just to put their minds at peace. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Bethan, do you mind coming down to Star Labs? We need your help." It was Caitlin.

"Of course I can. I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

As I drove to Star Labs, I wondered why they wanted me. I mean, it was going to be nice to see them of course, but Caitlin had sounded a little panicked on the phone. The car ride was quick and I was already pulling up to Star Labs. Not in a rush, I stepped out of the car and grabbed my bags. As I opened the door, Cisco took my hand and pulled me inside. He dragged me down the halls, making me run with him. Bursting into the main lab, Caitlin and Dr Wells looked over in shock.

"Cisco, why have you brought Bethan here? She doesn't have to get involved anymore." Dr Wells said."No offensive to you, Bethan."

"It's fine. I don't even know why I'm here." I said.

"Barry was missing last night and we haven't heard from him since last night." Cisco blurted out.

"Cisco!" Caitlin hissed.

"Oh...uh, he's ok guys." I spoke up. All of them turned to face me, confused."Yeah, he stayed at mine last night. I was at the police station really late, so he brought me home. I wanted him to stay-"

"Because you're dating?" Cisco asked hopefully.

I stuttered. "N-no, I felt a little unsafe so I asked him to stay. He's at work right now."

"Bethan, I'm sorry that Cisco called you in. But it's always nice to see you. If you'll excuse me." Wells exited the room, leaving the three of us. They went back to their work, knowing that I oukd talk to them.

"So, Barry stayed at your house last night, huh?" Cisco raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Cisco leave her alone. He's obsessed with the thought of you two being an item." Caitlin sighed.

Cisco got a little too excited."Listen to their ship name though; Berry. How much more cuter can you get?!"