Wedding Plans

"Y-You want to m-marry me?" I stuttered as my hands left my mouth. I caught a glimpse of how much I was shaking.

"Yes and I've never been so sure of anything else in my entire life." he smiled. We were both crying.

"Oh my god, OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!" I screamed jumping into his arms.

We both laughed, kissing each other as he set me on my feet. As we stopped, he slid the ring onto my finger. I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life. Leaning up again, I wrapped my arms around him and embraced him.

"Why are you still crying?" he laughed.

"Because I'm so fucking happy. I've never felt like this ever before in my life."

"I'm glad that I'm the one who can make you happy."

The front door opened, revealing Joe, Iris, Eddie, Cisco and Caitlin. They all had huge smiles on their faces as they ran up to us, hugging the newly engaged couple. Each of them made a fuss about it, telling me that they knew all about it. I couldn't stop crying, it was all too much.

"Will you please come to bed?" Barry called out to me as I sat at my dressing table. He laughed."Are you ever going to stop looking at that ring?"

I smiled at him, standing up from the chair."I can't, that's the thing. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, my mind just wanders back to it."

We held onto each other as I slid into bed, still looking down on the piece of jewellery that had changed everything; this was a token of his love, it showed others that I was in love. It was an amazing feeling that couldn't be expressed in words, it had to be experienced.

"Stop looking at it and go to sleep." Barry whispered.

"Sorry. I love you."

"I love you."

*~*~*~*~*~*

The ring glistened as it caught the light again and I started to admire it again.

"Bethan, can you just focus please?" Cisco groaned, the weight of the box being too heavy for him alone.

"Oh, sorry!" I gasped, gripping my side again as we carried the heavy box together.

We carried on walking into the lab."So, have you started planning yet?"

"Cisco, he only proposed to me yesterday." I giggled, setting down the box with him.

He started to open it."You should have seen how excited he was when he told us about his plan. We were shocked at first but so happy for you both."

"Thank you for helping him. You all mean a lot to us, you're basically family."

We unloaded various mechanical parts, what Cisco wanted them for as beyond me. But I helped him anyway, knowing that he was probably going to invent another amazing creation as he usually did. Cailtin had walked in the room a few times but never said anything to us. She didn't even smile at me.

"Cisco," I whispered as we arranged the parts into Cisco's desired order on a table,"is there something wrong with Caitlin? She hasn't even looked at me today."

Cisco hesitated."She is happy for you. But she was engaged to Ronnie when the incident happened. They were just starting to plan their wedding too."

"Oh God, I totally forgot!" I put my head in my hands, feeling guilty.

"She has nothing against you, it's just reminding her, you know?"

"Yeah. I cant imagine what she's going through. I mean, I've had those moments when I think I've lost Barry, but never fully living with it."

"Caitlin is strong, she'll be fine by tomorrow." we were in silence for a few minutes."Have your parents even met Barry?"

"Well, they're still in England, we've only facetimed but they love him. They'll be coming to the wedding though." I sighed."I wish Barry's dad could be there."

"It's so sad for him."

"We're going to see him tonight actually, just to chat."

"Have you met him before?"

"No."

"Neither of your parents have met the significant other, yet they are ok with it? Wow, that's lucky."

*~*~*~*~*~*

As Barry and I drove to the prison, I could see Barry tense up. He would always be like this before visiting his dad. I reached over, taking one of his hands in mine, missing the back of it. He smiled at me and I did so back.

"You know," he started,"I did ask for your parents blessing before proposing."

"You did? When?"

"It was quite a while ago. I talked to them without you and our conversation flowed really well actually."

"Barry that's so sweet. Thank you for taking that into consideration."

When we entered the prison, we had to hand in a few items and be searched. With the amount of checks they were doing to us, it felt as if we were the ones being locked up. Once the searches were over, Barry clasped his hand around mine, guiding 62nd down the dimly lit corridor, along with some other visitors.

A police guard rattled his keys as he opened the door, the horrible squeaking sound of the hinges following. We all filed in, some we're starting to cry, others looked happy; there were a mix of emotions.

The room was split in half with stalls, one for us with the prisoner on the other side, with a telephone hanging from it, waiting to be used. Barry hastily glanced into all the stalls, trying to find his dad, which he soon did and the biggest smile reached his lips. He pulled me over, sitting down on the one chair, having to sit me on his lap. His dad and I smiled at each other as Barry grabbed the phone, holding it between us so we could both hear.

"Hey dad." Barry spoke happily.

They shared a smile."So, this is the girl you've told me so much about. I'm Henry, it's nice to finally meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir." I tried to stay polite.

He chuckled."Please, Bethan, just call me Henry. I've heard a lot about you, I practically know you."

Glancing at Barry, I saw him blush."Dad, please." I laughed at him."Actually dad, we have some big news."

His dad sat up straight."Yes?"

Barry lifted my hand, showing my ring to him."I finally did it."

"Yes!" his dad shouted but was shushed by a prison guard. He lowered his voice."Oh this is fantastic. You know Bethan, he would talk about it for weeks, not having the courage to do it but he has at long last."

"It wasn't that long, I swear."

"Barry, would you mind passing the phone to Bethan?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

I took the phone in my hand, wondering what he would want to say to me without Barry listening."Bethan, I just want you to know that even though I have only just met you, from what Barry has told me, I know you're a wonderful girl. If I wasn't in here then I would gladly hug you. You have made him so happy and I'm just thankful for that."

"Thank you. That means a lot."

After twenty more minutes of us all talking we were told that our time was up. We were searched once more before collected our things and editing the prison. Barry and I discussed the visit, and it was just positive. His dad was such a nice man.

We slipped into the car and my phone began to ring."Hello?"

"Hey, are you guys in your way back yet?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah we're just leaving. Why?"

"It's Caitlin, she's gone."

I put it in speaker."What do you mean gone?"

"I've just looked over the CCTV. She was going our to her car when she saw someone."

"Who was it?"

"I-I think it was Ronnie."