Copycats

"We'll never catch this guy!" Caitlin sighed, leaning back in her chair.

They were all arguing with each other over their theories of how a meta-human could even have the power of shape shifting. I sat back but I was angry over something else; Iris was still in my mind. Barry hadn't seemed to be on my side with the whole argument, thinking that I was only upset because I had been mistaken as a criminal. That was not the cause and I was upset that he couldn't see who was in the wrong here.

"If they've looked like Bethan, they could use her image again. The police aren't a hundred percent sure they believe in meta-humans." Cisco pointed out, sending me a 'sorry' look.

"I'm sure this person has many faces." Felicity added.

My phone vibrated for the fifth time, another message from Iris. She was not backing down from this and kept pushing me with questions. I cradled the phone, wondering whether to text her back with a retaliation. It buzzed again, catching Barry's attention.

"She's still texting you?" He whispered to me.

I just nodded.

"I thought that this was going to help but it's obviously doing worse." He turned to the others."Look, I'm just going to take Bethan outside, she needs to take a breather."

He picked me up and ran out if the room and into another which contained the Super-Treadmill. Pulling up a chair for me, he sat me down, kneeling in front of me, taking my hands in his.

"I hate when you two fight. Yoyve only just become friends, you've been through so much together." He sighed.

"I can't take the questions, Barry! She's onto you."

"She won't ever find out."

"But what if she does?"

"Iris wouldn't write about it, if that's what you're worried about."

"I just don't want her risking your identity."

"Iris is my best friend, she won't."

My phone rang this time and we both looked down.

"Answer her, you might be able to end this."

Sighing, I accepted the call, awaiting the shouting that was to come."Hello, Iris."

"Finally!" She exclaimed."Look, we need to sort this out."

"Yeah we do."

"Bethan, you have to understand that I'm a journalist and I need answers."

"Most journalists are assholes though, aren't they?"

Barry shot me a look.

"There's no need for that."

"Sorry. Look, we can make up and everything, but we need to make a deal."

"Anything to make Barry happy."

What? 'Anything to make Barry happy?'. What was that supposed to mean?

"You have to stop asking me questions about The Flash."

"But Bethan you're my only source and-"

"No, Iris. I'm past all of that. Those were horrible times for me. For the last time, I have nothing to do with him."

She was silent for a few seconds and I was worried that I hadn't sounded convincing."Fine. I'll stop."

"Thank you Iris."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cisco and I had been set the task of visiting the area around the crime scenes to see if we could find anything. I only went with Cisco because they thought that I'd feel better if I focused on something. So far, we had found nothing and it seemed that this meta-human had covered up everything.

"Are we sure that this is the place?" I asked Cisco.

"Yes, this crime happened straight after yours." He said, scanning the area with his tablet.

"They have the perfect superpower. They can commit any crime and getaway with it."

"We've worked out how to find them but it's still going to be hard."

"Hey, you guys!" We turned around and saw Caitlin.

"What are you doing here Caitlin? I thought you were supposed to be back at S.T.A.R Labs?" I said confused as she approached us.

"I came to help. The more eyes, the better."

Cisco's phone rang and he excused himself as he went to answer.

"So, any progress?" I asked.

"Yeah, a lot actually."

I waited for her to explain."Go on..."

"You won't understand, it's very scientific."

"Can't you explain it in another way?"

"Well, I could-"

"Bethan! Get away from her! That's not Caitlin!" Cisco shouted to me.

Turning around, I no longer saw Caitlin. Instead it was a tall and broad man. I tried to run but he grabbed me, dragging me away from Cisco. As Cisco caught up with us, the man threw me to the ground, hitting Cisco around the head to cause him to fall as well. He threw me over his shoulder and ran towards a van, shoving me in the back before he sped off.