Fate Of Us ❀ O. Tōru [2/3]

[ Requested by: natsuhiko_hyujiro ]

Soulmate AU: A red string tied to your pinky connects you and your soulmate together. Only some people are able to see these strings. 

✼ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 ✼

Ever since that day, you hadn't spoken up about your red string. When you arrived home, you simply told your grandmother, "Not today I guess, perhaps next time," as you walked quietly up the stairs to your room. Your grandmother knew better than to pry and simply shook her head in pity. 

It was a cruel world and there was nothing you could do about it. 

As time slowly passed, you eventually learned to ignore the tugging feeling on your pinky, going about your daily life. You had finally graduated and was ready to head off the college. Jokingly, you had applied for a city college, assuming you would have received a letter of rejection. However, much to your grandmother's and your's surprise, you had been accepted and given an additional bonus. 

"Did you remember to pack your underwear?" your grandmother shouted from inside the house. Your face blushed, looking sheepishly at the movers helping you before giving your grandmother a harsh look. 

"You didn't have to yell loud enough for the whole neighbourhood to hear..." you grumbled, finally putting the last bag in the truck. 

"I'm just making sure I don't receive a phone call five hours later about your favourite underwear being missing," 

"Obā-chan!" you shouted, rushing to stop your grandmother from spilling any more secrets. Your grandmother chuckled, rubbing your back reassuringly. Your (e/c)-coloured eyes glazed over as you looked fondly at your grandmother. 

"Are you sure you don't need me here?" you questioned again for the hundredth time. "I can always just cancel and move back here-" 

"You talk too much nonsense," your grandmother gave you a little push. "Hurry up and leave already!" 

You squinted your eyes at her. You knew she would always put on a strong front and that the moment you left, she would become sentimental. Giving her a final hug, you held onto her longer than usual, holding her tightly in your arms. 

She smiled softly, patting the back of your head. 

"You better leave now," she mumbled, giving you a kiss to your forehead. "Call me when you arrive there," 

You nodded, harshly wiping away your tears. 

。・゚゚・ 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ・゚゚・ 。

Moving back to the country after a long four years felt a little strange to you.

Sure, almost every month you would make an effort to come home to your grandmother, but moving back permanently felt more stressful than you had thought. 

Tapping your feet, you looked at your watch again. Just where was the bus? Your grandmother had insisted she would send someone to pick you up, but your stubborn self refused and argued that you would take the bus home. 

You groaned in frustration, going back to the bench. You sat down and decided to scroll through your social media for any updates from your city friends. Of course, they looked like they were having the time of their lives. 

It seemed that this week there was another volleyball match that several of your high school friends were in. Semi had invited you to come to watch Ushijima's game before you left, but you apologised, explaining that you had already arranged your train tickets. Of course, you agreed to stay in touch and that to keep you updated on the rest of the team. 

A part of you wondered if you would regret moving back here, but you knew that your grandmother was getting old and needed someone to be with her more often. 

"(y/n)-chan?" 

You looked up slowly, meeting hazel-coloured eyes. 

"To-" you hesitated. "Oikawa-san?" 

He pouted. "What happened to my first name?" He moved towards you, placing a hand on your luggage. You looked at him weirdly. 

"Didn't your grandmother tell you I was coming to pick you up?" 

You frowned. "I told her I was taking the bus home and," you looked at Oikawa sceptically, "she didn't tell me you were going to pick me up,"

Oikawa made an 'oh' shape, nodding in agreement. 

"I told her not to tell you."

He smiled and took your luggage with him. You stared at him. The boy you had liked all these years decides to come waltzing back into your life after he ignored you? Oh, hell no. 

"Excuse me?" you shouted, striding over towards him as he simply whistled. "You can't just do-" you gestured around yourself, "this! Just, no!" 

Oikawa tilted his head. "Didn't you want to see me?" 

"Yes! Wait, no! I mean-" 

"It doesn't matter anyway," he winked, "I wanted to see you," 

Your face blushed a little, but you forced yourself to not feel anything. There was no way this boy or man now, could ever think about coming back to you after he hurt you. You could feel your heart begin to race a little as you started to notice the changes. Not seeing Oikawa since high school really emphasised how much he had changed. 

You noticed he had become more muscular, even growing a little bit taller too. He looked tanner than before, which made you wonder just what had he been up to? Looking at his hand, you noticed the same red string tied to his pinky. Your heart stopped for a bit, as you held your breath. Was it possible he found out that you were his soulmate? 

Wait. That's not possible. You didn't tell anyone.

"You know, we can take a picture together so that it'll last longer," his voice interrupted your thoughts and you groaned a little. Of course, his flirtatious self was still the same. 

"Let's just hurry up and leave," you sighed.

。・゚゚・ 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ・゚゚・ 。

"You should have told me he was coming to pick me up!"

"Well, if I did, would you have followed him?"

"Of course not!" 

"See? Makes no difference," your grandmother huffed, untying the apron from her waist. 

You sighed heavily, silently grumbling about the recent events under your breath as you washed your hands. Walking back to the dining room, you saw your grandmother had cooked your favourite dishes and had set out the table for you. 

"I'm going to take this food as an apology on your behalf," 

"This is no apology." she swatted your chopsticks away from the food. "No food for you. You always never appreciate the things I do for you," 

"Oba-channnn," you whined, trying to take some food for your rice. This continued for a little longer before your grandmother interrupted. 

"You must let him know!"

Your chopsticks hovered in the air. 

"Wait. How did you know-" 

"Don't ask questions. Just agree and you can eat and do whatever you want," 

"Aish, okay, okay! I'll let him know the next time I see him," you dived straight for the food, happily piling your bowl.

"Oh good," your grandmother mused. 

"He's coming tomorrow morning to pick you up for your date." 

✼ 𝕖𝕟𝕕 ✼