White Fur Coat ♥︎ Oikawa Tōru

Selkie AU

Sighing, you made your way through the large doors of the university library, looking around for a spot to sit at. It was only a week before the midterms started, so crowds of students had started moving into the library, studying, or as some liked to say "cramming". For you, you were simply going to look for a book your lecturer had suggested for you to read for a topic you hadn't quite understood yet. 

Finally finding the book you had been looking for, you glanced around noticing the number of students filling up all the empty seats. Seeing that you would have to find another place in the library to sit, you groaned frustratedly before walking around to find somewhere to sit. 

As you passed the next shelf, you noticed a white fur coat falling off someone's chair. Noticing how the person didn't notice, you decided it was better to help pick it up, rather than leaving it on the ground to get dirty. After all, white coats could easily get dirty. 

"Excuse me, you dropped your coat," you cheerfully picked up the soft fur coat off the floor, and carefully draped it back over the person's chair. Satisfied that it wasn't going to fall off again, you found yourself looking straight into hazel eyes, wide and curious, you felt your cheeks begin to flush. You stood frozen, unable to move or form words out of your mouth. 

How could someone look so remarkably attractive? 

Breaking eye contact with the brunette, you mentally smacked yourself. 

"I-I think I better go," you stuttered before giving a quick wave, "Be c-c-careful next time!" 

Before the boy had a chance to say anything, you rushed around the corner, desperately trying to find a seat. Spotting one in a small corner, you quickly plunked yourself down, panting a little. Placing a hand over your heart, you could feel how fast your heart was beating. Looking around, you wondered if the people could hear how loud your heart was beating. Covering your face with your hands, you cringed internally at how embarrassing you must have been. 

It was the first time you had seen him. Then again, you rarely met new people, sticking only with your small group of friends. Perhaps he was an upperclassman in another area. It was probably that. 

Time Skip

Again, today you were making your way to the library, hoping to get some more resources to help with your studies. However, just as you were about to walk through the large doors again, you felt someone grab your wrist, pulling you with them.

"W-what?" you gasped, feeling your body being pulled away and towards the side of the library, towards the small garden next to it. 

When the person finally stopped, you found yourself in a white gazebo, the one famously known as a spot where people would confess their love for someone else. You glared at whoever had dragged you and interrupted your study time, you were met face to face with the boy from yesterday. 

"Y-you?!" you yelled, before realising how rude you must have sounded. 

"Ah, sorry!" you blushed, before looking straight into his hazel eyes again. Noticing how he wasn't saying anything, you took the initiative.

"Do you need something from me?" you questioned, suddenly anxious. 

Shyly, he took a small velvet box from his pocket, handing it to you. 

Unsure of whether to open it, you looked curiously at him. He gave a nod, gesturing for you to open. 

"I... isn't this... an engagement ring?" you gasped. What on earth was happening right now? 

"Well...we...we should get married by human customs as well," his voice, silky and melodious. 

"...what?" 

"You gave me back my coat, so I only assumed you wanted to be with me," he smiled, eyes gleaming.

"Your coat? I think there's been a misunderstanding! I only just gave you back your coat because it had fallen on the ground," you rambled. 

"What?" his face fell, crestfallen at the rejection. "I spent most of my money on it for you, I thought you would like it..." 

"I-I-I don't even know your name! How can I get married to someone I don't know, and only just met," 

"My name is Oikawa Tōru!" he interrupted, grinning "and I'm a selkie, well a third generation, so my powers aren't really strong," he continued, still smiling widely at you. 

You froze. Selkie? Weren't those half seals half human mythical creatures? How could they even be real? 

"S-selkie?" you stuttered, unsure if what you heard was true.

"Selkie." Oikawa confirmed, nodding his head sharply. 

And that's when you finally lost it.