Too High Up ❀ T. Kei

a/n Salty baby is back! Also, look who forgot to update yesterday... yep, me. I'll update twice today for you guys~

[ Requested by: midnightinsomnia_ ]

✼ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 ✼

"Oh, shut up you beanstalk," you snarled, walking towards your desk. Following closely behind was a tall french fry and a freckled sweetheart. 

"Hmm?" Tsukishima raised an eyebrow as he followed you. "I haven't even said anything yet," 

You glared at him as you took your books out for your next class. Tsukishima simply snickered at his success of annoying you. To him, watching your frustration and anger being directed at him was amusing.

He didn't feel threatened by your presence. He was a head or two taller than you, so there was no threat there if you tried anything physical. Perhaps if it was verbal attacks, he knew you wouldn't try. With the number of times you've been humiliated by him, attempting to sass him back, was becoming endless.

Tsukishima had returned to his desk, leaning back in his chair with his headphones in. Closing his eyes, he basked in the gentle warmth of sunlight from the window, before creasing his brows a little.

"(y/l/n)-san, can you cover me today for journal duty?" Tsukishima tsked. What kind of stupid answer were you going to say this time?

"Eh? I-I guess I can..." you answered, although a little unsure, you didn't want to let your classmate down.

"Thanks!"

Tsukishima couldn't believe it. Clearly you should've realised your classmate was using you, so they could escape from their duties. What a jerk he thought. And you... so gullible.

。・゚゚・ 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ・゚゚・ 。

As you struggled your way to the teacher's office, you felt the weight of the books leave your arms for a second. You glanced up a little, meeting bored hazel eyes. You nodded your head a little and the boy rolled his eyes, before walking in step with you.

"Suddenly feeling nice french fry?"

Tsukishima's nose wrinkled a little. "Don't push your luck midget," Tsukishima warned, picking up the pace a little.

Your eyes widened and you quickly took faster steps. You glared a little, but still, you were thankful that he was helping you.

Once you had placed the books in the office, you sighed in relief. You were ready to go home, rest, maybe study...

"Don't you have library duty today?" a voice woke you up back to reality. You groaned, looking at Kei in annoyance.

"You really can't keep destroying my dreams,"

He gagged. "Your dreams of not studying and sleeping? Then yes,  because you're a lazy-"

"I get it! I get it!" you grumbled. "I wasn't going to go straight home anyway... I just remembered that mum wanted me to get some things at the shop."

"Come with me?" you gave Tsukishima your best smile. You knew he couldn't say no to this face.

Tsukishima looked blankly at you, then walked away. You frowned. "How dare you ignore me?!" you yelled down the hall, watching the tall megane striding away. Tsukishima chuckled to himself when he turned back a little watching you pout and stomp your way towards the library. 

。・゚゚・ 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ・゚゚・ 。

"Milk... tea... flour..." you mumbled under your breath, as you searched around for the items your mother had sent you to buy. Pushing your trolley to the next aisle, you looked around for the snacks section. Considering you did a lot today, it wouldn't hurt to treat yourself to something, right? 

You hummed softly to yourself, as you stood in front of the variety of snacks, searching for that one packaging. Your eyebrows furrowed when you didn't see it where it normally was and so you glanced up jokingly. There was no way it would- what the heck. 

Your eyes widened at the sight. How the heck was it up there now?! You blinked repeatedly in bewilderment as if this was a dream and nothing was real. Grumbling, you made a note to talk to the store's manager about the movement of your snacks, especially since they've always been in the middle shelves since forever. What kind of sick person moves them up so high?

Glancing around and making sure no one was in the same aisle, you prepared yourself to climb a little up the shelves to reach for them. Technically, this wasn't illegal. Just not the safest idea, but you didn't want to ask someone for help. You had your ego to keep. 

Tentatively placing one foot on the lower shelf, you slowly stepped upwards another shelf. Reaching your hand up, you struggled to grab at least one snack, before suddenly another hand interfered, taking the snack that you were just about to reach. 

Your head flicked so fast towards the person, as you gave a low growl. However, your eyes grew wide and your cheeks flushed. 

"I-it's not w-w-what it looks like!" you shrieked, jumping off the shelves and trying to grab the snack away from Tsukishima. He raised an eyebrow and snickered, holding the snack above you. You jumped up, hands reaching for the snacks, but each time he would lift his arm higher just beyond your reach.

"Kei~" you whined, trying to pull his arm downwards. Tsukishima froze. He hadn't heard you call his first name in a long time, especially since coming to Karasuno. It had become a series of name-calling and slight teasing when he started growing faster and taller than you. To hear his name from your lips again was... surprising. 

"Kei?" you asked again, looking at him weirdly. "Are you okay?" 

Tsukishima snapped out of it, looking down at your concerned face. He gave a loud sigh, rolling his eyes at you. He looked at your shopping trolley, placing the snacks in there, he pushing the trolley away. 

"O-oi! Wait up!" you shouted at him, jogging towards him. 

"What do you need?" he asked, looking at you blankly. 

"Oh, um..." you tilted your head to the side a little, thinking back to the shopping list. "I gotta grab some frozen items and that's it." 

Tsukishima nodded, moving his way around the store with you following beside him. 

"Um, Kei?" Tsukishima glared a little, before softening his gaze when he saw you fidgeting a little. You only did that if you were worried about something. 

"T-thanks for helping me back there," you mumbled, looking away in embarrassment. Tsukishima turned around, continuing to walk onwards. Although you couldn't see his face, you knew he was smirking at you. 

"Don't laugh while I'm apologising!" you fumed, picking up the pace. Reaching the side of the trolley, you hopped on to the side, watching Tsukishima's eyes widen at your presence.

"Onwards we go!" you cheered, waving one hand in the air as you felt him push your trolley. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, as your laughter rang through his ears. 

After all, how could he say no to you? 

✼ 𝕖𝕟𝕕 ✼