What Matters Most ♥︎ Kozume Kenma

Kozume Kenma X Spirit!reader

A/N I don't know if this is already a canon, but  Kenma is so much like a cat, he has the ability to see the supernatural. 

"Kenma, do you ever wonder why you can see me?" you asked quietly. 

Both you and Kenma were sitting at the steps of a shrine near by Nekoma. As usual, Kenma was focused on his PSP.

"No, not really." he replied softly, before giving a sigh of satisfaction for defeating one of the hardest enemies in his game. 

"Oh. Okay then..." you mumbled, turning your head to the side in sadness. 

For you, it wasn't everyday another human could see you. You were an earthbound spirit tied to this temple since the day you died. You weren't even sure how you had died, let alone could you remember your own name. You would often roam around the temple, cleaning the place here and there. You weren't extremely lonely. You had a pair of blue will o' the wisps; they accompanied you everywhere you went. But sometimes, you just wanted a friend, someone to talk to, not little balls of flame. 

Then one day, Kenma had found you sitting at the steps of the temple crying. He didn't dare approach you at first, unsure of what you were. You definitely looked human to Kenma, but he could feel some aura coming from you that was different to humans. He couldn't place a finger on what it was, but it was screaming at him that you weren't human. Eventually you had stopped crying, wiping your eyes before looking up, straight into golden cat-like eyes. Both of you had stared at each other for a while, observing each other, before you spoke first. 

"You can see me?" you gasped, unsure if this was real. 

Kenma nodded, still shocked at this strange meeting. It wasn't his first time seeing something like this, but for it to talk back to him was definitely unusual. From then on, he would occasionally drop by the temple to see how you were just so you wouldn't be lonely. His team mates would occasionally become suspicious as to why Kenma would sometimes be late to practice or leave straight after. But they shrugged it off. It was Kenma; he was always different to the rest of them in nature. 

Placing his PSP away into his bag, he turned to look at you. He had never taken any interest in a human girl in his whole life. He was already facing that small screen of his, ever since he could remember. But just looking at you, it made him flustered on the inside. Your long (hair colour) hair, gently resting over your shoulders, your (eye colour) eyes that seemed to flicker from gold to (e/c). 

You were gently caressing a small daisy, touching the petals in awe. You had always been fascinated by living things, and plants were something you deeply loved. 

Kenma looked up to the sky, watching a flock of birds fly off to the distance. He placed his right hand over yours, even if it fell through your own hand you noticed it, looking at him in curiosity. It wasn't everyday that Kenma would show a little bit of affection to you. 

"I don't think it matters that I can see you" he began, "because as long as you're here, that's all that matters to me."