10k Reads Special

"Oliver, get moving, we need to go," Fukase groaned and turned on the light. The sudden brightness tickled complaints out of the still dozing figure but there was no more reaction afterwards. Fukase stomped towards the bed and pulled on the blanket. A pair of hands fought against him, but they were yet too weak to have a chance.

"Are you seriously still sleeping? It's past noon." Fukase crawled on the bed on Oliver's belly. Surprisingly, there were no further complaints this time. Oliver covered his eyes with his arm and breathed in heavily, forcing the air in despite the weight on his lower chest. The two remained like this for a while, but the pressure of being the one responsible to bring them on set in time nagged on Fukase's nerves. It was his turn to let out a heavy sigh and he shifted on Oliver awkwardly.

"They're waiting," Fukase urged and Oliver huffed.

"Who? Author? That can wait."

"The readers. We want to be on time with the special for once." Fukase pressed his lips together after seeing the frown on the blond's face.

"Isn't a 10k special supposed to be a celebration? Shouldn't we be the ones to get a day off?"

"Sounds reasonable." There was a hint of surrender in the redhead's voice, but he couldn't quite give up yet. He got off Oliver and pulled up the blond's torso, trying to push him out of bed this way. However, Oliver did his very best to be as heavy and unwieldy as possible and managed to push his partner to give up fairly quickly. A small smile crept up his face and Oliver sat up properly, leaning his chin against the palm of his hand.

"It's quite exhausting if you think about it. We've been stuck with this book since 2017, and no matter how much time passes, this will have no ending." Oliver looked up and found Fukase frozen in his position. There was an uncertain frown on his face. "Sure, this book might be abandoned one day, but who knows when that will be. Maybe we're even that unlucky and the book will be passed onto the next person once the time has come."

Oliver's gaze shifted off Fukase to the corner of the room. The redhead followed his eyes for a second but then turned back to his partner. He didn't dare to let out a sigh but his chest felt heavy all of a sudden.

"We can't really look into the future and smile upon a more or less satisfying ending. A never-ending journey...how rude to be put in that kind of position."

Oliver let out a weak chuckle and turned his attention back on Fukase. The latter has gone completely quiet, unsure of what to do with the sudden shift in atmosphere. Oliver rarely was this open. Even so, Fukase quickly shook himself out of his frozen state to try and sympathize with Oliver at least.

"Are you sad?" Fukase mumbled and ran his hand through the blonde hair a few times. The head underneath was shifting under his grip, and then swaying form one side to the other softly. Oliver hummed, and Fukase frowned confused at the hint of amusement in it.

"No, not that."

Oliver leaned forward and carefully pushed against Fukase's shoulders. Bewildered at the sudden gesture, the redhead gave in and crawled back against the wall. Even more questions piled up in his head as his partner straightened his legs and then lied down on them. With a wide smile, Oliver turned his head to Fukase.

"It's just that.."

Oliver closed his eyes and sighed. The grim tone in his voice made Fukase wait a moment for the blond to collect himself again. However, minutes passed and nothing but calm breathing was coming from his counterpart. Fukase leaned forward and checked on the resting face, noticing only now that Oliver was snoring faintly.

"Were you seriously making me feel bad so that you could go back to sleep?" Fukase sighed and expected some sort of response – Oliver couldn't have fallen back asleep this quickly, after all, right? – but there was none, and now, in the midst of being too late already and there to not have been a problem in the first place, Fukase stayed still like this, letting his legs slowly go numb. And with that, the two never made it to the set in time, hence this little tale that has been told as the 10k special instead.

Just a silly little story and drawing to thank you all for 10k reads

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Just a silly little story and drawing to thank you all for 10k reads. This means a lot to me. Let's keep up the journey through Olikase's adventures in the future as well~