Chubby Equals Fuzzy

"It's so nice to have you back here," Fukase sighed and closed his eyes. The calm atmosphere let him feel at ease. He received a low hum in return and two arms pulled him even closer to the blond lying right behind him. 

Oliver continued to caress his partner's body, striking his fingertips faintly across the warm skin. His fingers travelled down to Fukase's waist and suddenly there was a change in shape that he wasn't familiar with yet.

"Huh?" Oliver hesitated with his movement and froze for a second. However, a smirk quickly found its way up his face as he poked his lover's belly.

"Now, what do we have here?" Oliver whispered in Fukase's ear and chuckled. He poked the belly area of his lover once more, only to receive a faint gasp. Fukase shoved the hand off his body and rolled over to bury his face in the pillows.

"Shut up."

Oliver sat up now, continuously wearing a little smile on his face. He bent his head to the side to try looking at his lover's face. As soon as Fukase noticed that, he merely buried his face even deeper into the pillows. Oliver grinned.

"I was back in Liverpool only for a few months. You sure enjoyed the winter months, huh?"

Fukase grunted at the mocking of his boyfriend and decided to ignore it. Instead, he sat up now completely and reached for his phone. He didn't know how to react out of embarrassment. Fukase knew himself that he did gain a few pounds, but had managed to suppress that thought often enough.

"Aw, baby, c'mon. I didn't mean it that way. I like it."

Fukase didn't look up from his phone and mindlessly swiped through his social media, trying to find a way to distract himself from his embarrassement. 

"Even though I'm even more unattractive now?"

"You're even cuter now, airhead."

Oliver scanned Fukase for the first time in a while and wondered how he didn't notice the changes earlier. His lover was wearing baggy clothes, but it was still slightly visible. He blamed his prior tiredness from jet lag for it. 

Fukase didn't give in to Oliver's words and merely pulled his legs to his body. The blond bit the inside of his cheek as soon as he noticed the aloof aura of his boyfriend. He slowly reached out to grab for the redhead's hand and pressed it lightly. 

"Don't worry, it's winter. That happens to anyone. I also gained weight. Look."

Oliver attempted to pull up his sweater but stopped midway as he heard a scornful grunt coming from his lover. Fukase had looked up from his phone now but eyed Oliver in mere disbelief. 

"Yeah? So what's your BMI now?"

"I didn't calculate it."

Fukase dedicated his attention back on his phone for a moment. He then leaned over to the blond and handed him his phone. Oliver looked at it confused. Generally, the redhead's behavior threw him off-guard.

"Then do it now."

Oliver looked down on the screen now and noticed the empty fields for the BMI calculator to be starring up at him. Fukase had even bothered to switch on the keyboard already. Not knowing where to go from there, the blond froze for a second and gulped hard. Giving in surely would only lead to Fukase to be even more upset in the aftermath. 

"BMI doesn't say anything about one's stature anyway. You know, you can have lots of muscles and weigh the same as-"

"You're evading me," Fukase interrupted his lover and sighed. He reached towards Oliver to take back his phone and closed the tab. "I didn't believe you anyway."

"You shouldn't be embarrassed about your weight. Especially not around me."

After finding the redhead to be more frustrated with every further second, Oliver grew more determined in his words and pushed Fukase's chin towards him to have them lock eyes. However, Oliver's frown immediately softened at the look of pure insecurity written all over Fukase's face. 

Oliver didn't know what else to say. Fukase was a sensible person and the blond found himself trapped in dead-ends rather frequently with his bold way of thinking. Even so, he didn't have to think his actions through much more as Fukase moved closer to his lover all on his own and hugged him tightly. 

"You're always so fit though, and I keep slipping so easily. This is not fair," Fukase muttered now. The shakiness in his voice has disappeared and got replaced by a grumpy undertone. Oliver looked down to the redhead and frowned.

"Looks like you forgot why I don't really gain weight. It's no fun, really." 

Oliver wanted to be upset for Fukase taking his condition as a blessing - which was really not the case for him - however, he knew very well that him being petty would not change things for the better. Instead, Oliver decided to just switch the topic to a different direction, distracting him from his own boiling thoughts.

"And it's not like you don't lose it just as easily anyway."

Fukase leaned against Oliver, causing the both of them to lie back down on the bed. 

"Hmm, you're right."

The two of them dwelled in silence for a while and simply enjoyed both's presence, now that the uncomfortable atmosphere has gone off. Only after a while, Oliver shifted under Fukase's grip.

"Jeez, what a discussion just because of a few irrelevant pounds," Oliver sighed heavily and leaned down to rest his head on Fukase's belly. The soft warmth emitting from it put a faint smile on his face as it tired him down merely after a few minutes. 

Fukase watched his lover to slowly be falling back asleep on him and weakly smiled as well. Seeing Oliver that unbothered did make him feel a little better, even though he knew - and internally sighed - about the extra exercises he would have to add to his training from tomorrow on.