Rain

While he tried to find his way under the roofs of different buildings and trees he felt his clothes getting soaked in even more. His whole body was shaking and Oliver could feel his body temperature sink. Why exactly didn't he go to work by car today?

He decided to take a rest under the roof of a shop and tried to reduce his heavy breathing. The rain pouring down on the street resonated in his ears and he knew it wouldn't get any better soon. Waiting was of no use.

Oliver closed his eyes and hoped dearly to be in his apartment, changed into some dry clothing and a cup of tea. Instead, he was busy with keeping warm somehow. 

He heard the front door of the shop opening and turned to his right as something red caught his attention. He dared a brief look at the stranger who didn't even look at him once and averted his face. Somehow Oliver wished to be invisible of how embarrassing the situation was for him. Waiting like a lost child under a roof to protect himself from the rain because he didn't bring an umbrella with him, or money to take at least the bus. 

He heard the stranger next to him slightly groaning and rumoring in his bag he got with him. As Oliver heard the rather familiar sound of an umbrella opening, jealousy spread inside of him. Nevertheless, he tried to ignore the person next to him the best and gazed at the dull scenery in front of him. There wasn't coming a sound from both sides for some time and Oliver could feel the other one staring at him. 

"Do you need some help?" Oliver looked back instantly at the stranger who lifted up his umbrella as a gesture. Embarrassed Oliver shook his head and averted his eyes once more, to what the redhead bent his head. 

"Are you sure? You seem to be soaking wet and it won't stop raining anytime soon."

Hearing that even a stranger pitied him made Oliver feel even more uncomfortable. Out of nervousness he bit the insides of his cheeks. 

"No, thank you, Mister. I'm fine," Oliver managed to choke out to which the stranger smiled. "Doesn't sound really convincing," He continued and put his umbrella above him, ready to set off. "I'm no creep, just polite. But for all I care."

He was about to set off as Oliver stopped him with a "wait". The blond realized it didn't make any sense waiting and the stranger didn't seem to mischievous. A normal worker like him.

"Maybe you could really help me out a little, depending on the direction you're going."

The stranger smiled and gestured him to walk next to him, Oliver did as demanded. "Any direction you're going. I don't have a certain place to go." Oliver gasped slightly and stared at the redhead surprised. "What?" 

"Oh, don't get me wrong." The ginger laughed. "I do have a place to stay. It's just that I'm walking around for no reason."

Oliver nodded, even if he was still confused but decided to keep it for himself. He shoved his hands in his jacket pockets and stared at the ground. "Well, to the west side of town?"

Fukase rose an eyebrow, a smirk crossing his face. "That far? Well, as you wish, your Highness."

The rest of the way turned out as rather a silent walk. Here and there Fukase tried to built up a conversation but it dropped pretty quick. As time passed it got even less awkward for Oliver, though a slight feeling of dept kept pounding in his chest. 

Both stopped at some houses near Oliver's as he didn't want the stranger to find out where he exactly lived. He smiled sheepishly as a thankful gesture. "Thank you a lot, Mister," Oliver said but got interrupted by the stranger. "Call me Fukase."

"Oh, well thank you, Fukase." Oliver felt uncomfortable, forced to say his name in return and sighed. "By the way, I'm Oliver."

Fukase nodded, grabbed a card from his pocket and handed it to the blond who stared at the business card confused. 

"Well, Oliver. If there's a problem, you can call me." As the said one looked up he saw the redhead smiling and he winked once before he set off again. Oliver's eyes followed the ginger until he was - due to the rain storm - out of sight and took a closer look at the card that had started to drip with water. The phone number was marked with a highlighter. 

An uneasy smile crept on Oliver's face as he made his way to his home. Opening his front door and getting changed he took out his phone to save the number. Obviously, that was the modern way to get to know people.