The Warm Breeze of a Summer Afternoon Part 1

Warning: Contains over-dramatic and cringy passages!

Yesterday I found that one-shot in my Olikase folder...that's my first English fanfiction and my first Olikase story. I read it through and now I know why I haven't already shown it to you... I usually don't write like that and it makes me feel uneasy at some parts what I've been thinking while planning this story. But that was my first (kinda) fluff story after all my horror/sad ones, so I guess that's an excuse?

Anyways, I don't want to let the whole effort go to waste and post it here. Nevertheless I hope you enjoy it!

____________

Oliver was sitting in the grass on a warm summer day. He smiled and closed his eyes, let the sun shine slightly in his face and tickling on his skin. Around him it was quiet, only his bird James, which chirped an unknown melody for the boy, made a sound. But he enjoyed it. Being a Vocaloid was at some point really exhausting and all those rehearsals for concerts took a lot of energy. Of course, he had the other Vocaloid around him to cheer him up and make the work easier, but still he preferred moments like this much more.

He kept on listening to the melody his pet sang and slowly drifted into a light sleep. A satisfied smile kept on his face and he swung his feet slowly around. But this state didn't last long as his bird stopped singing but instead let out squeaky screams. The blonde boy opened his eyes and wondered why James reacted like that all of a sudden. Oliver sat up to see his bird flying around near the ground. His wings flattered energetic and he kept on making loud sounds. The gaze of the boy wandered around until he found a white something jumping around in the grass. It looked like his bird and the other pet played again together, just this simple thought filled Oliver with happiness and he had to smile and shook his head, the scene was too adorable. A little sigh escaped his mouth as he kept watching them play. He expected one person to come and couldn't wait. Usually his pet never went anywhere without him.

Suddenly Oliver felt weight on his head but because of that he couldn't look around to see who it was. But he already assumed it was his red haired friend.

"Hey, Oliver," Fukase greeted with a smile on his face. He kept on leaning his forearms on the smaller boy and leaned his head on them. Also he watched the pets playing together.

"It looks like Point and James really get along well," Oliver mentioned and Fukase nodded. He let go of Oliver and sat next to him on the grass.

"They don't really have another chance after all since we're best friends," He said and laughed. Also Oliver giggled a bit and watched Fukase. The other one stopped laughing and gave Oliver a confused glance. Without needing a word out of his friend's mouth Oliver answered Fukase's question.

"I'm just happy that you seem to feel better again."

The red haired boy looked at him even more confused.

"Have I been sick?"

"You felt quite uneasy the past days. At least that's what I noticed."

Fukase simply nodded and looked to the ground. He went quiet again and thought about what he has been thinking the whole recent days now. Oliver looked at him worried and shook his friend's shoulder as he seemed to be deeply in thoughts. Fukase lifted up his head again and gave a forced smile.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," He said with a slightly embarrassed tone in his voice.

"What was it about?" Oliver asked. A little blush appeared on his friend's face who tried to look away the best.

"Nothing," Fukase mumbled and looked back to their pets which have already calmed down and were poking each other or making funny noises. This sight let Fukase relax a bit. His whole body burned out of embarrassment and his heart pounded loudly against his chest. He begged in thoughts that Oliver noticed nothing of this. The boy looked back at his friend to see the blonde boy still looking at him worried. Fukase felt how his face got even more red and he thought of a way to hide it.