A Different Kind of Confession

Fukase leaned over to glance into the cafeteria. He hurried over there as soon as Yukari told him Oliver and his friends spent lunch break there. In fact, after a few moments, Fukase found the peculiar blonde hair to be shining through the masses of students.

Fukase didn't know what he was doing as his legs carried him to the cafeteria. All he did know was that it were merely a few weeks left to their graduation ceremony from high school and he didn't have a partner yet. Technically, he would have gotten a few girls that asked him out some time ago, but he rejected all of them. Merely a few months ago, he hadn"t even planned to go to the graduation ceremony, after all. There was just a particular blonde friend that had suddenly changed his mind, causing Fukase to do so as well.

Time was running and so were Fukase's chances to find a partner. He really didn't want to get paired up with a merciful teacher nor with the least interesting student of the entire grade. In fact, there was a certain someone Fukase has laid his eyes on and didn't want to give up. He knew that his chances were low, but something inside of him made himself feel positive nonetheless.

Maybe it was their long-lasting and deep-rooted friendship that ensured him a few bonus points. There was also the fact that Oliver still owed him something after Fukase had driven the blond from parties back home several times already. 

However, Fukase knew that was not the only reason. It more likely was his huge crush on his best friend that has followed him almost through the entire high school. Knowing that soon that stage of life would be over left the redhead with a bittersweet feeling. Their ways might not be parting just yet, but it would feel different either way.

Fukase has just entered as Oliver jumped right in front of him, a wide smile casted towards him. Fukase retorted it, albeit more timid. His thoughts were yet circling in his head, mixed with the text he had prepared for later.

"Hey, Fuka, you're having lunch this late?"

Fukase frowned but then noticed that it must look that way. He checked the clock on the wall and noticed there to be left merely 15 minutes before classes would continue again.

"Oh no, I've been searching for you, actually."

"Great, same here. Piko just had to leave early, so do you want to come along paying for my lost books?"

Oliver didn't wait for a response and instead dragged the redhead with him towards the basement. Fukase chuckled. "Sure, as long as I don't have to cover them."

The two of them were walking in silence for a while. Their steps echoed through the hallways as soon as it was only the two of them left on the lowest floor. Oliver went through his wallet and gave an irritated sigh; Fukase could only assume that, in fact, he had to help Oliver out money-wise again.

"Why did you search for me anyway?" Oliver suddenly spoke up and looked up form his wallet. Fukase froze for a moment, realizing what he had actually thought of doing and how suitable the situation was at the moment to do so. There was no one to bother them now, but that made the redhead even more nervous. He had been thinking this through for a while but bringing out the right words in the very moment suddenly seemed near impossible.

Oliver slowed down and came to a halt as he noticed how flustered his friend was. Unsure of what was going on, he merely stared at Fukase, waiting for him to get a grasp of himself again. Fukase chuckled nervously and looked to the side.

"Ah well, you know, Oliver...Since the graduation ceremony is soon and all, and both of us still need a dancing partner, and like, for once, there are more guys in our class than girls...and a few guys have to pair up anyway, I just wondered that, like, maybe, you'd like us to just go."