August 17, 1984. Friday

Mad and I had spent most of our school week looking for this girl. We had stopped so many blondes and questioned a lot of random people. It didn't seem like we were going to find her.
As we were walking back into the school from lunch, I heard someone run into a restroom.
“Let's go check the bathroom, just in case,” I said.
“Oh, come on, it's probably no one. I don't need to be late for class again.”
“Please, it'll be quick.”
“Ugh, fine.”
There was a girl with her leg propped up on the sink. She was drawing on her leg with a sharpie. Her hair was shaved on one side. The other part had big, yellow, crimped hair with pink strips. I think her hair was supposed to be blonde, I guess the bleach didn't turn out correctly.
She was wearing a jean jacket with pins and patches covering it, an Iron Maiden shirt, a leather skirt, and black Doc Martens.
This had to be Victoria.
“Are you Victoria?” I asked.
“Yeah, what do you need?”
“Oh thank god, we've been looking for you.”
She gave us a weird look. “Okay, that's definitely not creepy.”
“I'm sorry she's being a weirdo. I'm Mad and that's Katie. We want you to be in our band.”
She still looked confused. “How do you know I play something?”
“Terry Glaze told us about you. He claimed you're damn good,” I replied.
“I am good.” She eyed us up and down. “I'm not sure if our music tastes will go together, or our personalities.” She pointed to her outfit.
“I like Iron Maiden,” Mad said.
“What other bands do you like?” I asked.
“Metallica, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Motorhead, stuff like that.”
“That's what we like. There's gonna be a party tonight. This guy named Darrell is turning seventeen in a few days. You should come with us. You won't regret it,” I added.
She was quiet for a minute.
“Sounds like such a fun time, but I don't have a ride.” She tried to walk past us.
“That's cool, I have a car I could pick you up from your house,” Mad blurted out.
She rolled her eyes, “Fine, what time does the party start?”
“Ten.”
“Pick me up in the Kmart parking lot.”
“See you then!” Mad exclaimed, she couldn't help getting excited over small things.
Victoria threw up a peace sign, then left.