August 6, 1984. Monday

The day went on as usual (almost). Mad and I hung out in her car till classes started. Met up in the hallway and complained about homework. There was one big difference. We met Darrell behind the lunchroom as instructed.
He was speaking to a girl with big brown hair. He noticed us walking over and waved. The girl smacked him on the arm. They hugged, and she walked past us and gave a smile.
“Nice to not be the only one back here.”
“Oh, you know what we came for,” I said with a laugh.
We stayed outside talking for way too long. I was ten minutes late for class.
Darrell seemed to be a good guy. He was hilarious. Also, he was great at guitar.
When Mad and I got into her car, she was quiet.
“Is something wrong?”
“No, I'm just thinking.”
“About what?”
“I mean, if Darrell can have a band. I think we could too.”
“So you want to start a band?”
“Well, what do you think?”
I was silent for a second. “Maybe, we will have to find a drummer and singer though.”
“I don't know anyone that does either of those things.”
I hadn't said anything to Mad about my singing voice. I've always been told I was good.
“I'm sure we could meet someone.”
“Maybe we can hang out with Darrell and his friends this weekend. They might know someone.”
“Then that's what's we will do.”