Chapter 22- Your dreams aren't yours

Start from the beginning

"Hold up, Jeongie? You call her Jeongie?" I try to hold back my laughter. He just stared at me like I'm some kind of a joke.

"She's my bro, we play video games when I come over. You're just jealous we're friends!" He sticks his tongue out and I roll my eyes at him. I can't believe I'm dating a big sassy baby. Who would've thought Kang Daniel, a heartthrob in the Engineering department in Yonsei University would turn out like this? I didn't.

"Whatever. Can you grab two packs of bacon, please?" I ask him as I tick items off of our checklist. He obliged and we continued shopping for ingredients.

Buying the ingredients didn't take that long, we both were in and out of there within thirty minutes? It's actually quite nice the boy volunteered to come with me during shopping. He's currently carrying the bags, I mean, he's obviously quite strong plus we didn't buy that much.

But I just feel bad letting him carry all this stuff.

"Tsk, I told you we should've just used my car." I tell him, I feel sorry looking at him carrying all that stuff. "Come on, gimme the lighter one. I'll help you carry." I tell him as I motion for him to give it to me.

"Here you go." He hands me the lighter one, I smile because he doesn't hesitate. "Plus, using your car would be a total waste. We're like twenty minutes away from your dorm." He insists, and I just stare at him.

"A twenty-minute walk is still a twenty-minute walk, Kang Daniel." I tell him while we were on our way back to the dorm. He just shrugs and we continue to walk. I mean, this man is insufferable but whatever, he's my boyfriend so I'll just have to bear with his stubbornness.

"Babe, I'm kind of thirsty." He starts complaining not more than five minutes into our walk. I just stared at him, annoyed this time. He just pouted and gave me this stare. "I can't control it, babe. It's not my fault my throat's a little dry!" He defends himself, I just stare at him. This guy is taking so much time.

"Here you go. Buy yourself some water over there." I hand him the money and point at the convenience store which is steps away. He just smiled and he gladly took the money. "You're going to help me prepare the food, I swear to god." I warn him but he just happily strides inside the store.

No more than two minutes later, he came out of the store with the most confused look on his face. With a half-full water bottle in his hand, he walked towards me. He seemed to be quite confused.

"Want some water?" He asked me, still all confused. I stared at him and asked him what's up and he just looked at me and looked back at the convenience store with all the confused pointing.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Well, you know your friend Sana?" He asked me, Daniel looked a little dumbfounded.

"Of course I know Sana. What are you talking about, Dani?" I asked him, he just stared at me blankly.

"So she works there, huh?" He asked me. I just stare at him. What is he talking about? Sana is supposed to be at school right now. I just stare at him, dumbfounded. He stared at me too and that's when he realized I did not know any of this. "Holy shit! Maybe that's why she looked shocked when I greeted her! And you didn't know about this?" He asked me and I just stared at him some more.

"Can you please show me?" I asked him nicely. With grocery in our hands, Daniel guides me to the convenience store. At first I didn't want to just barge in the convenience store since this might shock her. So me and Dani just kept a good amount of distance where we can just see her.

"Baby, are you sure you don't want to go inside?" He asked me.

"No, babe. There must be a reason why she kept all of this to herself." I tell him honestly. He just stared at me and I knew he understood what I meant. Dani and I looked stupid because we were hiding behind a bush.