30

Four Years Later...
In New York City...

________

"So what is your main focus, Mr Kaspbrak?"

"Well, i thought that maybe if we adjusted the sol-"

A loud ringing ran throughout the classroom. The professor rolled his eyes but waved him off when Eddie opened his mouth. "It's alright, Eddie. Go and answer your call. I know how concerned your mother is of your wellbeing." Flustered, Eddie thanked the professor, quickly walking out of the lecture. The burning stares of his classmates burning into his back.

Pulling his ringing phone out of his jean pocket, Eddie answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Edwardo!"

"Richie?! Why the fuck are you calling me in the middle of my classes?!" Eddie whisper-shouted into his phone, his voice echoing in the empty hallways. Thank god for that, he thought.

"Well okay, don't kill me, but remember about how i told you last night about how we should adopt a kitten because since we have a dog, we might as well balance it out?"

"Yes, and i also remember ignoring you twice because i've told you MULTIPLE TIMES that we will only get 1 PET." He better not have adopted a kitten. If Richie adopted a kitten after Eddie had specifically told him the twenty-five reasons why they shouldn't and couldn't, his boyfriend could die, whether he was getting homeschooled or not.

"Richie Jonathan Tozier. Please tell me you did NOT get a kitten..." Eddie rubbed his temples with his free hand. God, he was only twenty, yet he felt like a century old when rationalising with Richie. His boyfriend was but a child stuck in a twenty-one year olds body.

"Okay well...i didn't adopt a cat nor did i buy one...you see, when i was walking home from the deli, i found this adorable fluffy mess of cuteness in a alleyway, and Eds, he was covered in dirt and his eyes were glossy and i think he was crying..." There was a sharp pause, "The point is, the little guy was hurt badly, and after i took it home and patched it up, i took him to Mike to see what he could do with the poor guy."

"And Mike told you that it was a stupid idea to just snatch a cat off the ground right?" Eddie asked fruitlessly, knowing that the fellow animal lover/vet would be on his boyfriends side. They both loved kittens, a species Eddie bitterly disliked.

"No. He actually told me that the little fluff was fine and told me to give him a lot of rest. Then he passed me some cat food, i paid, and then i left with our NEW KITTY!" The shriek was so loud, Eddie had to yank it away from his ear before he went deaf, not in his right ear, but in his left as well.

"RICHIE!! NO, NO YOU DO NOT GET TO KEEP THE KITTEN! WE AGREED ON THIS A WEEK AGO, A KITTEN IS NOT NEGOTIABLE IF YOU WANT ME TO STAY AS YOUR ROOMMATE. I LOVE YOU, BUT I DRAW THE LINE HERE WITH PETS. RETURN THE KITTEN TO WHERE YOU FOUND HIM OR HER, AND ILL BE BACK AT 4."

Furious and pumped with exhilaration, Eddie hung up. Shoving his phone out of sight, the brunette boy took out his inhaler and pressed down, releasing the medicine. Usually he only needed the inhaler when he was anxious or worried or fearful, but as he got older, he used it more often whenever he got angry and frustrated.