21

"Richie, you look fine."

"No i don't!"

"Wentworth, tell our son that he looks fantastic." Maggie Tozier, a strong boned and tattooed woman said. Her long raven hair came down in unruly curls, her eyes just as dark. But her cheeky smile was as bright as Richies, her dimples showed and her freckles more pronounced when she did.

"Fine."

Wentworth Tozier was by no means, a small man. Unlike his lanky tall son, he was of average height and three inches shorter than Richie. His dark brown hair framed his face and his blue eyes were filled with mirth. "You look great, Rich. Don't know why i have to pause the friday show to tell you that when you have your mom for that, but beats me."

Richie rolled his eyes at his mom. "See! Even Dad says i'm fine! Mom, you don't need everyone to tell me i look great. I just want this night to go perfect." Richie exclaimed when his mom tried to pin a flower on his suit. "Mom!" he batted her hands away. Wentworth chuckled at the sight of his tall intimidating wife now a pouting mess for her only child.

"Eddie will love it if you pin this pink flower to your suit!"

"Mom."

"Or you could tuck in a nice little handkerchief. I have some embroidered ones your grandma left us..."

"Mom!"

"Oh fine! Fine! Now go and have fun, but don't drink and eat anything you don't know and stay with your friends." Maggie chattered on and pushed her nervous teenage son out the door. "Now go and make me proud!" she sniffed, before slamming the door shut and crumbling to sobs.

"Oh Maggie..."

"They grow up so fast."

________

"Hey Rich." Richie beamed at the sight of Stanley Uris in his navy blue suit, serious and stern with a dark gold tie. "Dang Stan, you look just like your dad." Stanley blushed. "I know. I don't want to, though. I just thought that..."

Richie raised a brow, "Thought that Billy boy would like it?" he interrupted. Stanley gawked at him before stammering. "I-i mean...n-n-not really..." Richie rolled his brown eyes and laughed. " It's fine, Stan. I don't give a fuck."

"Hey gang!"

"Bev!" Richie cried out and ran over to the beautifully dressed redhead. "Oh my god, Bev." Stanley whispered beside him. Standing there in just a simple dark green lace dress with a scope neckline and decorated with printed on daisies and lilies, Beverly Marsh looked nothing like the girl with a wide smile, overalls, and a daredevil spirit that gleamed from her blue orbs. No, this girl was a delicate little thing. Petite, almost. Her tall frame accentuated by small black kitten heels and a dusting of blush and a smudge of pink lipstick gave her adult look a more playful twist. Her short curly hair that only reached her shoulders, was done up in a tasteful half up half down hairdo with little intricate braids intersecting each other to make complicated patterns on her head.

All in all, she was beautiful without even trying. How Ben ever lucked out with such a beautiful girl (outside and inside) baffled the losers. Beverly blushed and tucked an arm into Bens. "Hi. I'm not missing anything, am i?" she smirked. Ah. There was Beverly Marsh.

"Nope. Just waiting on Eddie and Mike and Billy." Richie chirped and cackled when Stanley flushed red at the mention of the denbrough boy. Stanley's crush on Bill seemed to be even worse than Richies on Eddies.

"Actually, Eddie texted me and said that he'll be at the ball waiting for us. Mike and Bill too." Beverly said.

"Well then," Richie winked, "Gents and ladies, i think it's time we get going."

________