13

Eddie was covered in snow.

Somehow, as Richie was buying them ice cream from Mortys after getting them bandaged up a little at his house, a tiny little speck of white drifted onto Eddies cheek. The shy brunette brushed his slightly red knuckles, red from taking most of his weight from the fall, and felt the sting of coldness.

But snow in September? Maybe in some countries and towns but never Derry. It only ever snowed in the middle of December.

Regardless, Eddie smiled as tiny specks of white, light and cold, but as the snow that fell upon him became colder and much thicker, Eddie realised that this would be a problem. Firstly, Richie had driven him here to the park and the snow around him was already gathering in molehills. Secondly, they both were wearing jeans and a shirt, nothing thick or sweater-like to protect them from the inevitable snow fall.

And his mother! Eddies brown eyes widened in fear. His mother would kill him if she knew that her son, her precious son, was out in the middle of a snow fall with the thickest article of clothing on him only being his jeans. Sonia would have a literal heart attack.

Thank god she was at home, even if she was on a "date" with Mr Keene. The mental image of the two of them snuggled together made Eddie want to throw up.

"Hey Eds! I got our ice creams and, wait, is that snow?!" Richies voice increased in volume dramatically as the pale boy stared down at the tiny crumbly mini mountains of powdery snow that was surrounding Eddie like a barricade. "Ed, is that snow? Seriously, is this a trick? Or is this just your dandruff that you got from using your moms shampoo?" Eddie snapped his head up and punched Richie lightly in the arm.

"I don't use my moms shampoo, Richie. That's unsanitary and i do not have dandruff! And even if i did, what kind of person would have this much?" Eddie gestured to the fine snow that covered every inch of the rough cement flooring and pale green grass. "Richie, i think it's really snowing." Eddie deadpanned, snatching his strawberry and vanilla swirl ice cream away from Richie and taking a bite.

"Well Damm. Fucking snowing in September! Isn't that nice..." Richie mumbles and licks his ice cream curiously. "Hey Eddie?"

Eddies eyes meet Richies as the latter stares upwards towards the skies. The look on his face one of deep thought and his eyes were darker. Eddie felt a shiver down his spine at the dark look in Richies eyes.

This boy would be the death of him...

"What?" Eddie spat, anxious to know what the hell was wrong with trashmouth tozier.

Richie inhaled slowly.

"Do you think we can strip naked and run around the park without being identified as Tozier and Kaspbrak?"

If looks could murder, Richie would be dead and crumpled by Eddies feet. "Of all the stupid things, you think of that? Richie, do you have autism or something?" Eddie scolded, calming his racing heart.

But the smile on Richies face softened Eddie. "Aw Eds, come on! This might be fun!"

"No! This is just another dumb way to die!"

"A cool way! You're dying in snow! That's freaking cool!" Richie argued back.

"Richie! No! Do you know how many people have met death at the hand of a snow blizzard? Do you think they wanted to die?" Eddie spat. If anyone passed by the two, they would see two boys, one tall with dark hair and darker eyes and the other, shorter and with lighter hair and softer eyes. Both arguing and shouting as if the world was cut off from them.

"Oh fuck this! I'm going back to the car. You can join me when you've stopped acting like a baby, Richie!" Eddie snapped and stood with his cone to walk towards Richies beat up vintage car. "Eddie!" Richie whined and strode alongside Eddie, which wasn't that hard if he was being honest. Eddie ignored Richies whines and continued his walk.

"Eds, i'm sorry." Richie tried one last time, pleading and scooping up snow, only to watch it drift through the cracks in between his fingers of his cupped open hands. Eddie huffed and tip-toed to ruffle Richies messy curls.

"Whatever." Eddie grumbled. He knew he couldn't stay mad at Richie. Hell, he probably loved him but Eddie was in denial. What if Richie thought of him as a fag too? What if Richie didn't want a relationship?

What if he just didn't like him?

"What's on your mind, Eddie?" Eddie felt Richies arm slung across his shoulders.

"Nothing...Just wondering..." about you. If you'll ever want to date me. If this is all just some prank to you.

"Well, dont. You don't look nice when you frown. Now, let's get back to school." Richie suggested and guided Eddie back to the car with his arm still slung across his shoulders. Eddie nodded, trying to will away the faint blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah okay." He agreed.

Gosh Richie, Eddie gazed dreamily at Richie. His face, his eyes, and his hair all committed to his memory.

What are you doing to me?

________
n o t e !
Ahhh!! My bby Eddie has his awakening! Merry Christmas and i hope y'all enjoy this chapter as my present to you!❤️❤️