8

"Woah."

"You got that right, Eds." Richie whispered in awe. Eddie glared nastily at Richie but didn't correct him. The party was in full swing by the time Eddie and Richie arrived, but they didn't expect it to be this wild.

There were tables of food and drinks, people everywhere, bodies crushed together and music blaring. Greta herself was on a table, doing a slutty dance off with Rachel, the girl from science. Neon lights were everywhere too. Pink, blue, and green were illuminating every single body, making them glow like fireflies in the semi darkness.

"Richie...i think i should go home." Eddie said. He fiddled nervously with his shirt hem and looked up to Richie. To his surprise, Richie nodded his head and smiled down at him. "Yeah. Let's ditch." then he dragged the smaller boy with him to the front door.

"Hey...Where are you going?" A tall muscular guy came and asked Richie, his hand set on his shoulder. Eddie gulped and backtracked, Only to be pulled back beside Richie.

"Ben, we're going to ditch this party. Too fucking wild, man. Don't wanna get involved with the cops for disturbing the peace or anything." Richie laughed as he patted Bens head. "Jesus, where's Beverly?" Ben shrugged. "Getting some punch."

Meanwhile, while the pair were conversing, Eddie had wandered off. The shy brunette walked around the room and looked at pictures of Greta when she was nine, her mom, and even a few that had her dad. Not her step dad.

Thank the heavens for her step dad not being here. He felt so guilty being in the home of the Keenes. Especially when his mother was practically dating one.

"Eds! Cmon, we're leaving!" Eddie felt a hand on his arm, tugging him back towards the front door.

It wasn't until they got into Richies car did Eddie breathe out in relief. "Yeah, breathe in and out all the glorious fresh air! That was damm suffocating. Jesus, we're never going to Greta's parties again." Richie said as he looked at Eddies red face.

"Now, onto a adventure we go!"

"Oh just shut up now, Tozier."