14

Eddie loved the snowy weather that had descended upon Derry, causing a flurry of commotion amongst the girls on which cute sweaters to wear and the boys on who was taking who to the Winter Wonderland Prom.

Being the hopeless romantic that he was, Eddie had been enthusiastic when the news for an early Winter prom had come about. How romantic! Everyone dancing the evening away, holding each other's eyes and swaying to an invisible melody that only they could hear.

"Eddie! Hey there!" Eddie placed his science textbook back in his locker and was pulled immediately into a bear hug by Beverly. The brunette boy smiled widely, hugging Beverly back. "Bev! Hi!" Eddie giggled as Beverly set him down. "So did you hear about the prom?" Bev asked. Her kind blue eyes twinkled down at Eddie and her red hair, now a little longer than when she was thirteen, swayed with her movements.

"Yeah! Hasn't everyone?! This prom is such a big deal and i'm so excited to go! Can't wait! Practically bursting!" Eddie blushed and did a dorky mini dance right there in the hallway. Beverly laughed at the comical sight. Being around fun Eddie was like being around your favourite sibling. Amazing and filled with happy times.

"Me too! In fact..." Bev gave Eddie a sly smirk, "i think someone's gonna ask you to the prom veeeerrryyy soon." She nudged Eddie teasingly and giggled brightly when said boy blushed a dark red. "Oh, i don't know about that...i mean, aren't you going with Ben?" The redhead then proceeded to grin dreamily and sigh. "Of course! Knowing Ben, he's probably going to go crazy with this whole prom proposal. I love him, ya know, but sometimes, i think the thing i love most about him is that when he loves you, he'll make you feel like the only person in the world."

"The only person in the world?" Eddie asked in awe. He had never known you could ever be in love that deeply. He loved romance, of course, and read so many novels with fluffy romance plots that sometimes, he failed to understand that such things read in books could always end up being reality.

Beverly ruffles Eddies brown locks cheerfully. The redhead was grinning from ear to ear and her dazed dreamy look was back full force, a beautiful sight to behold really. "I don't really know how to explain in detail, but it feels like you're the center of his universe. Like you're the only one there for him and he's the only one there for you. If he's the night sky, then you're the stars that light him up. If he's the clouds, he'll part for you to shine everyday. It's that beautiful and so impossibly romantic and so Ben." Beverly ends with a sigh and gazed down at the brunette only to find the same contented dreamy expression on his small face as well.

The center of his universe? Night skies and stars? Eddie couldn't help but give a weak lovesick smile at the thought of Richie giving him flowers, going up to him in a crowded hallway, and romantically announcing his love for him and proposing to take him to prom. Oh, what Eddie would give to have that fantasy come to life.

But it would never happen. And as the bitter reality of that very real truth sank in, Eddie was saddened at the fact that Richie and his budding romance (he hoped) was as much forbidden and frowned upon as much as abortion. No one would accept them for them. No one would look at him and Richie and say, "Look at that handsome couple! Remember when we were that young?". They would sneer. They would mock. And Bowers would be there cheering and goading those insults on.

Eddie shivered slightly. Henry Bowers. He hated to think of what would happen if the school bully caught wind of the budding romance between him and Richie. He would die if Bowers ever knew.

"That sounds beautiful, Beverly! You're so lucky to have a loving boyfriend who dotes on you and gives you all the space you need to go and get what you want in life." Eddie compliments the couple and Beverly blushes like a bride. "Thank you. But i'm sure i'm not the only one." Beverly winks at Eddie.

"What? Who- wait, me and Richie?? No!! Never! Ha! Haha! That's-That's really funny, Bev!" Eddie is nearly wheezing with anxiety as he watches Beverlys blue eyes watch him quietly panic. Does she know? Would she tell someone?

"Eddie, i won't judge you." Bev places a hand on Eddies shoulder, pity clear as day reflected in her eyes.

The quiet brunette hopes that Beverly won't tell anyone. Hell, even he doesn't even know if Richie likes him back. And wouldn't that be disappointing, to fall for someone so hard and they don't even feel for you what you feel for them in the slightest.

"Eddie i swear. I won't tell anyone. I'm not an asshole like Bowers." Beverly chuckles and Eddie joins in. Right. This was Beverly! The girl that Richie trusts too. If he can trust her, then so can Eddie.

"Great! Now let's get to Lunch. I'm starving, Eds!"

"Don't call me Eds, Beverly!"

________
n o t e !
OOO!! Winter prom and Reddie! Got my inspiration from the Harry Potter Yule ball and i thought it'd be so fun!! ❤️❤️