15

Beverly: Hey Eddie! :)
Beverly: I'm going out with Ben tonight so i can't meet you for our study session. He's been so moody lately, i don't know what's going on with him...
Beverly: I'm real sorry... :(

Eddie sighed pathetically. It seemed even Bev had better plans then studying with him on a friday night. Maybe he was being a real grandpa.

Eddie🍝: Sure, Bev. That's fine. I'll see you on sunday, then?

Beverly: Thank you Eds!! I love you!!❤️❤️❤️ :)

Eddies cheeks turned a rosy pink.

Eddie🍝: I love you too! :)

He just wished he wasn't so lonely sometimes. Spending his weekends with only his papers and books and his mother to keep him company was getting a bit old. He wanted to go to the quarry with Richie and maybe hang out with that Stanley, Bill, and Mike that he always talks about.

"Stanley's dad is a real bitch!"

"Have you ever met Mike Hanlon? His family's the farmers of Derry and a reeaaaal doozy..."

"Billie boy went to the quarry yesterday and he saw the weirdest turtle that looked like it had a second head!!"

Maybe not the first one. But these friends of Richie sounded so interesting, Eddie felt absolutely gutted that he never got to hang out with them. He understood that they were all usually busy, but he felt a little insecure that it was because they didn't want to meet him.

Too bad he didn't have Richies number.

And why would they want to? Eddie is a loser. Derry Highs loser. The victim of every single Bowers beatdown on the way home from school and a "fairy boy".

But his life had gone through such a huge turning point that Eddie wouldn't be surprised if Henry announced to the world that he loved the colour pink. He had become friends with a popular boy. He had been friends with a popular girl. And he had seen firsthand just how fucked up their lives were, even as the popular kids of Derry High.

"Eddie Bear? Can you come down for a second?" Sonia hollered for her son.

"Coming Mommy!" Eddie shouted back and quickly tucked his phone into his pocket and crept down the stairs. When he stepped foot into the living room, Eddie was shocked by the sight that greeted him.

Standing in front of Eddie was Richie Tozier, in all his dirty sneakered, fluffy haired glory. A large smile was plastered across his pale face and Eddie couldn't help but beam back at the unexpected sight. "Richie!" He yelled happily.

Then he noticed the frowning face of his mother beside Richie, one meaty tanned arm resting on Richies shoulder. "Mommy?" Eddie asked nervously. Now that he had gotten over his joy of seeing Richie standing in his home, he felt a wave of panic flood his senses.

Why was Richie even here in the first place?

"Honey, Richie here says that you forgot to take your homework home on thursday so he's here to pass you your homework." Sonia explained to her son, one eyebrow raised in suspicion. "Oh...yeah...homework..." Eddie mumbled, trying to follow the flow of Richies lie. Damm you Tozier and your crafty ways!

"Well alright. You boys have ten minutes then it's out of my house with you, Tozier." Sonia said, staring intensely at Richie. Richie met her gaze and smiled, "don't worry Mrs K, Eds will be alright." Richie assured the overweight woman.

Sonia didn't say a word, but glanced back and forth between the two before heading for bed.

Soon, it was just Richie and Eddie. Standing alone in the living room.

Finally.

"Richie!!" Eddie cried out and ran up to Richie to hug him. His thin arms looped around the taller boys neck and Eddie sighed at the feeling of being pressed into Richies chest. He felt so warm and the thin cotton that acted as a barrier between Eddie and Richies warm bare skin.

"Eds!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Homework." Richie smirked.

"No, Really."

Richie smirked at the pouting Eddie and laughed.

"Eddie, it's because i missed you, you cutie. I missed your dorky face and your nerdy ways." Richie chuckled and held the brunette closer to him.

Eddies face was as bright as the sun.