Rules

"Hey, Princess."
I don't know whether to melt or to be weirded out that he keeps calling me Princess when we barely know each other. I don't say anything, I just stare at him. He's wearing baggy black cargo jeans and a baggy black hoodie to match, his hair falling into his eyes. Oh my god.
"Are you free after work? I need to talk to you?"
I stammer as I'm flustered by his intense but soft look.
"Uh, sure."
He nods and smiles at me as he goes towards the corner table and pull out his phone to sit. Is he going to wait for me? I mean, we close in like fourth minutes, but still.
The two pot heads finally leave as I start to sweep and clean up. Jungkook follows me outside of the store, me locking it and putting the keys in my pocket.
"Okay. What's up?"
I stand in front of him to wait for a response.
"I'll walk you home while we talk."
"Uh, sure. Just don't murder me please."
I joke with him as we make our way towards my apartment.
"Have you been seeing strange things lately?" He asks, which makes me shocked and scared.
"Yeah actually. Really weird and ugly faces. I figured I'm just going insane, but apparently I'm not if you know about it."
He nods with a straight face.
"It's the side effects."
I stop, him doing the same.
"Side effects of what, Jungkook?"
I put force behind my sentence, making sure he understands that I'm already pissed off.
"I imprinted you the other night for several reasons. The side effects are basically seeing creatures behind their human masks."
He... imprinted me? When I got scratched it was him! What the hell he didn't even ask and he doesn't even know me!
"Jungkook what the fuck? We don't know each other, you didn't even ask, and you lied afterwards! How the fuck am I supposed to trust you?"
I feel my cheeks turn red as Jungkooks face looks... hurt? He doesn't know me so why is he hurt?
"I knew if I asked you would have said no, but I needed to. I needed to imprint you to keep you safe. You won't understand yet."
I shake my head laughing.
"Keep me safe! From what? Please enlighten me!"
I clench my fists, watching Jungkook sigh and look up at the stars, pushing his hair back.
"From monsters, Y/N. You don't understand that you are very much wanted by monsters. Your parents were quite famous and killed thousands of monsters families. They want you. They want to hurt you, and I didn't want that to happen."
What? My parents? I wasn't the one who killed the fucking monsters, I didn't even agree to killing them! Wait... was my guardian protecting me from the same things?
"I-I. I don't really know what to say to that. Why me? I mean, you didn't have to imprint me, you could have just let it be, I'm not important, I'm not significant to you considering we just met last week."
He sighs again, stepping closer to me, making my body temperature rise.
"You don't understand, but in the future you will, trust me. Just know you are important, Y/N. I can't explain or tell you exactly why, and I apologize for that and for not asking you to imprint you, but please understand it is to protect you."
His eyes look like puppy dog eyes as he looks down at me. He really does look sorry, and how can I say no to that face? I'm still really mad though, but, does this mean I'll see him more in the future? Will he be like my guardian from my childhood?
"Fine. I understand. But what does this mean, now? I'm imprinted, but are there others like me? What do I do now, just continue my life knowing the Vampire King has imprinted me and made me see fucking creepy ass creatures?"
He stands up straight as he steps back to give me space.
"Yes. Continue your life, Princess. The only thing that will change is I'll be walking you home every night, and occasionally in the evenings to work. I'll show up once and a while if it's an emergency to your school, I'll check you out and if needed to hide you. I highly doubt that will happen, but it is a possibility. You'll still have your alone time, but you won't be in the dark alone is all."
I try to make since of that. So, I'll have a god walking around with me and making sure I don't die? Ya, that's totally normal. We make our way back to my house, quiet at first.
"So do vampires actually burn from light?"
He laughs at me, briefly looking at me.
"No. It may hurt our eyes, but no. There are several things that aren't true about vampires that you see in movies."
"Well, enlighten me, please."