chapter 1

"Get down here right now Lilah or you will regret it!" My oh so lovely dad yelled from upstairs, note the sarcasm. I got off my bed that was on the ground by a small puddle of water from the leaking of pipes that connect to the kitchen sink. I sleep in the basment where its freezing cold and I have no blanket so I get cold a lot, I also got pnueminia a few times. I must have not been quick enough getting upstairs because my dad threw open the door when I was half way up he came down and stood in front of me. He punched me in the jaw and I flew in to the wall and rolled down the steps. He got closer to me and kicked me hard in the stomach. I let a whimper escape my lips but I didn't cry or scream I learned to not do that. The last time I screamed I couldn't talk for a week because he hit me in the jaw so hard.

"Since you couldn't get your lazy ass up to fix my food I have to go to work hungry. So since I didn't get my food your not going to eat till friday.!" He screamed in my face. Its Monday so I won't be able to eat for a week, but I've went longer without eating from other punishments. When he left I got up slowly but it didn't work to stop the searing pain in my jaw and stomach from where he hit me. I went over to the mirror I have in my room. There was bruise forming slowly on my cheek, I also had another bruise beside my temple from last night. When I lifted my shirt I grimaced from what I saw, my stomach was blue black and purple. I had a few scars and I also had a cut from my below my breast that curved down to the middle of my stomach. That was from last night, too. I got dressed in a black tank top, gray sweatshirt and black skinny jeans. After I got dressed I went upstairs to run into my brother, Dean. He grabbed my wrist before I fell down the basement steps.

"You okay sis." I nodded. He let out a relieved sigh. "Get something to eat you have to go to school." I shook my head no. He knew what I meant. He knew I probably was being punished. I grabbed my book bag and went outside to my brothers pick up truck.

Once we got on the highway to school my brother was listening to the song all about that bass and he was singing along with it. He also knows that I hate this song a lot.

"Cause you know I'm all about the that bass no tremble." He song in a high pitchy girl voice. I laughed and smacked his arm.

"Shut up your so annoying." I said.

"But you know you love me." He said. Then he pouted. He knows I can't stand the pouty face its to cute.

"Ugh fine I do love you but your still very annoying." I told him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"That's okay for me. I love to be annoying." He said with a smile on his face like I had just gave him a comment on his hair or something. I laughed at him.

When we got to my school dean grabbed my wrist before I got out of the car.

"Are you sure your going to be alright today?" He asked. I nodded and turned away then got out of the car. I went through the glass doors of the front of the school. Once I was inside I looked up at the clock that read 6:37 I had about 30 minutes before my first class so I went to the library and helped the librian.

About 25 minutes of putting books in there right place and talking to Mrs. Higgins the librarian about different stupid things like how tootsie rolls taste. I don't even know how we got on the subject but we did, kinda weird I know. I told her bye and went to my first class the worst of them all algebra 2. Once I got to the classroom it was halfway filled with students, I took a seat in the way back by the window. About three minutes later Mason walked in the second worst man in the world, you can probably guess who was the first. Mason bullies me all the time, he has people beat me up and sometimes he beats me. I know what your thinking your probably thinking that I want to be pitied but I most absaloutly totalty hate pity. It makes me feel weak and pathetic so don't give me pity. Anyways I was not in the mood today to be a punching bag so I kinda slumped down in my chair and put my head down so he wouldn't see me, it worked because he sat in the front row of the classroom.

After 50 long minutes of looking at numbers and things that weren't numbers that were in math, the bell rung and students ran out of the room like bees that saw a big bucket of honey. I didn't get in the crowd because I didn't want to be trampled by the stamped so I waited for evey one to get out of the room and then I stood and went out the door quickly which was a bad idea because some one was right outside the door and they tripped me I hit my head of the floor. I hit my head so hard my forehead split open a bit I'll probably need stitches. People were laughing at me which was really rude because I was bleeding badly but some one was nice enough to get the nurse. She checked out my head then helped me up and took me to the nurses office. She called my brother which who was put on my school papers as my guardian.

10 minutes later Dean came in the nurse's station worried like a kitten who was lost in the forest. I giggled lowly both him and the nurse looked at me like I was stupid but I couldn't blame them I was bleeding semi severely and laughing. They just keep on staring at me and it made me laugh more.

"Did you give he anesthetics or something." My brother said amused. I laughed harder then my head started to pound. I groaned because it hurt so bad. It was like something heavy was smashing up against the front of my brain. It was slowly putting more pressure then it put a lot of pressure I screamed from the exucruring pain. The nurse scurried over to me and dots started to appear in my vision then the dots bacame bigger.

"Sis! What's wrong with her?" I heard Dean yell at the nurse. Before I blacked out the nurse said I had to go to the hospital. I absoeloutly hate hospitals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------cliffhanger!

I know it was short but I promise the next chapter will be longer. I hopped you loved please comment or vote. Thank you for reading!!!

                                                   Blood_Moon12