chapter 28

Almost half of the pack came to the bonfire, people brought chairs and picnic tables and food. They all looked like a big family, it made me smile it was so nice how all that pack got along. I felt to arms wrapp around me, I could tell who it was by the sparks that erupted. Jasper kissed my cheek then rested his head on my shoulder.

"I love you Lilah." He said I smiled.

"I love you too." I replied, he kissed my cheek again. I looked to the side and up at him, we stared in to each others eyes, he leaned down his lips so close to mine and then-

"Ahhhh!" We heard people screaming I jerked away and looked to where the noise was coming from, it was by the bonfire. We ran over to see uncle on the ground, I raced over to his side and checked his paulse, it was slowly beating.

"Lilah, I need to tell you something I've been keeping it a secret from everyone." He paused I nodded telling him to go on I had tears streaming from my eyes. "I've had a brain tumor for a while now it's the reason I had a stroke, I'm sorry I should have told you sooner, goodbye I love you." He said then his head fell to the side, I was sobbing by now.

"No! No! You can't leave please!" I screamed and rested my head on his chest crying. Dean was by my side, he looked at uncles lifeless face and he too started crying. The pack doctor rushed from the crowed, she checked his paulse and looked down with sadness in her eyes.

A few of the pack members came over and picked up his body carefully, I cried in to deans chest. We stayed like this for a while until I started feeling sleepy.

"I'm tired." I said my voice was hoarse from crying.

"Come here Lilah you can ride on my back." I heard jasper say from behind me. I let go of Dean and turned to jasper, he shifted and I hopped on his back, he ran off in to the woods. After a few minutes we arrived at the pack house. Tears were still falling from my eyes, I couldn't stop then from falling. Uncle was the only one who truly cared for me and Dean. I got off jaspers back and walked in to the house and up to my and jaspers room. I laid down not even caring I had my clothes on.

"Why? Why did you have to take him, why do you hate me so much?" I screamed and started throwing the pillows then I started throwing the blanket soon I was throwing everything in the room around. I sat down exhausted and cried hard. I laid down on the ground and drifted off to sleep tears still streaming my face.