Chapter 16 ~ Natural

As the rest of the class was excited about our new teacher, I just felt like something was off. Mr. Karasuma brought in an old friend to help us in gym class, but he was a little too enthusiastic. His name was Mr. Takaoka, but he insisted on us calling him "dad."

He seemed nice and all, and he brought us sweets (much to Koro-sensei's liking), but something about him just wasn't right.

The next day he started off by telling us our training would be rough, but it can't be rougher than Mr. Karasuma's... right? Wrong.

Starting off, our training now lasted until 9pm. "Hold on, this is still school." Maehara spoke up. "We still need to think about our studies. We can't-" He didn't get to finish before Mr. Takaoka kneed him in the stomach, shocking us all.

"Rule number one: we don't do 'can't'." Mr. Takaoka let him fall to the ground. "Rule number two: we're a family and I'm the dad. Show me some respect or we'll have some problems. But no big deal. If you don't want to train, then I'll just send it replacements for all of you. But of course I'd prefer you all to stick it out, okay?"

"Actually, sir, I'm not a big one for P.E." Kanzaki shrugged. "If we have to do this, I'd prefer Mr. Karasuma's class." Mr. Takaoka smirked before hitting her hard on the cheek, sending her to the ground.

"Kanzaki!" I ran over to her.

"Looks like we have a communication problem." Mr. Takaoka said.

"Stop it!" Mr. Karasuma came running out of the school building. "Is everyone okay?"

"I'll be fine." Kanzaki said.

"See, we're fine. I won't go full out on my beloved fam." Mr. Takaoka smiled.

"Correct." A bright red tentacle suddenly plopped onto his shoulder. "Except they're not your 'fam.' They're my students." Koro-sensei grumbled.

"Sorry, big guy. This isn't your class. I'm in charge of P.E." Mr. Takaoka shook his tentacle off and went on and on, tempting Koro-sensei to hurt him, making him even angrier.

~~~~~

I groaned as we all did about three hundred squats. It all stoped when Kurahashi called for Mr. Karasuma. Obviously Mr. Takaoka doesn't likehim too much, but Mr. Karasuma was able to stop him from punching Kurahashi.

"Here's what I propose." Mr. Takaoka smirked at Mr. Karasuma. "Set your best students that you've trained to fight me. If one of their knives can touch me, I'll accept that your training tactics are better and leave. However, we won't be using these." He brought out a flimsy anti-sensei knife and stabbed it with a real one. "When the object is to kill a human being, we can't rely on toys." His pupils shook with insanity. I knew it! This guy is crazy!

"These kids aren't prepared to take down a real human being and you know it!" Mr. Karasuma argued.

"They just have to come close." Mr. Takaoka shrugged. "And I'll defend myself bare-handed, so pick me out an opponent." More like victim... The yard was filled with silence as Mr. Karasuma looked at the knife in his hand, then to all of us.

"Kayano." He held the knife out to me. "You're up, if you feel comfortable." M-Me?! "Our duty as teachers is to prepare you for life, not to just throw you into it."