Chapter 4 ~ Falling

"Rise and shine." Karma smirked the next day at school as he came to sit down beside me. I stayed silent, as did the whole class.
"Did you do that?" I asked quietly.
"Do what-?"
"Good morning, boys and girls." Koro-sensei slithered in. "Why the long faces-?" He stopped as he finally noticed. On his desk was an ordinary octopus, but with a knife stabbed through it.
"Oops, that's on me." Karma said. "I thought it was you. Innocent mistake."
"You should get rid of it." Koro-sensei picked it up and made his way towards Karma.
"No worries, Koro-sensei." Karma played with his knife. "I don't plan on killing you physically yet. I want to watch your spirit die first." He... He's so sadistic.
~~~~~
Throughout the whole day, Karma was relentless in his attempts to kill Koro-sensei. First he tried to shoot him in Math, and Koro-sensei painted his nails. Then he tried to burn him in Home Ec, and Koro-sensei put him in a pink cap and apron. Finally, he tried again in Japanese,  and Koro-sensei styled his hair. No matter how skilled Karma was, Koro-sensei was quicker.
~~~~~
"Now you know what we've been going through." I chuckled as I found Karma sitting by the edge of the mountain outside during lunch. "Don't worry, we will kill him." "We"? Why did I just say "we"? Kaede and I are doing this, not this class. Don't tell me these people are growing on me...
"Oh, Karma~" We suddenly heard Koro-sensei coming towards us. "I think I've kept good care of you today. Please keep trying to kill me if it makes you happy." Karma stood up and just smiled at him.
"Let me make sure we're on the same page." He said. "You pretty much consider yourself a teacher above all else?"
"That's right." Koro-sensei nodded.
"Okay~ And you wouldn't think twice about putting your life on the line to save a student?"
"What kind of teacher would I be otherwise?"
"Good to know." Karma smirked and pointed his gun at Koro-sensei. "So I can kill you." Slowly, he tilted his body backwards and fell off the cliff.
"KARMA!!!" I ran to the edge of the cliff and knelt down. There he was, still falling with his gun in the same position. "Koro-sensei-!" I turned around for help but he was gone. When I turned back to where Karma was falling, he was caught in a sticky yellow net. I let out the breath I was holding and relaxed.
"Well done." Koro-sensei appeared under Karma. "But what a tangled and sticky web we weave."
"Is there anything these tentacles aren't capable of?!" Karma struggled to escape.
"Can't shoot me now, huh?" Koro-sensei laughed. "And just so you know, students do not die on my watch. Ever."
Slowly, Koro-sensei brought Karma and himself back up. "Remember that for next time you jump." He said and walked back to the classroom. I just sat still in shock at what had just happened.
"Worried about me?" Karma smirked.
"You could have died!" I yelled. He looked at me in a little bit of shock, then smiled.
"But I didn't." He said. "The real problem is that that was my best bet. I don't know what else to do."
"I have some ideas." I pulled a notebook out of my jacket. Like Nagisa, I record any ideas I have of how to exploit Koro-sensei's weaknesses. "How about consulting me first next time?"
"You got it, partner." He tipped an imaginary hat and started making his way back to the classroom. I laughed genuinely and followed him, but not before looking back at the cliff one last time.
I was actually scared when he fell... Stop it, (R/N)! He'd  just be a distraction. "You coming?" Karma asked. I turned back around and smiled, ignoring the thoughts of revenge in my head, even though I'll probably regret it later.
"Yeah."