Chapter 15 ~ Moon

I slightly frowned as I looked up at the crescent moon. Will it turn back to normal once we kill Koro-sensei? Or will its shape remain and always be a reminder of him? "Something on your mind?" Karma's voice suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry." I chuckled. It was Friday evening so Karma and I decided to hang out a little. We grabbed something to eat and walked around the town. I guess you could consider it a date.

It was nearly Fall so the air was a perfect combination of hot and cold. "Does it ever upset you to think about actually assassinating Koro-sensei? You know, actually killing him?" I asked.

"I guess." Karma shrugged. "He always talks about how he's a teacher first, and a target second."

"And we're students first, assassins second." I added.

"Hey, look who it is." We heard someone call out. Down the street was a group of boys I recognized from the main campus. Of course they all looked smugly at us as we approached them. "Karma! How's E-class treating you?"

"Pretty nice, actually." Karma smirked.

"And you are?" One of the boys snuck his arm around my waist.

"Not yours." Karma grumbled and smacked his arm away.

"How'd you end up with Karma? There's no way someone as pretty as you is from E-class." One of the boys winked at me.

"Actually, I am from E-class." I grew defensive. "Let's go, Karma." I whispered.

"Actually, I think I want these guys to know what happens when you upset E-class." He smirked and rolled up his sleeves.

"Still as feisty as ever, huh?" One of the guys smirked.

"Come on, Karma." I tried tugging on his arm, but he wouldn't budge.

"Hey!" Another boy spoke up and walked over to the group. He was also wearing the school uniform but had a red and white striped cover on his sleeve. "Let's go." He said sternly. The boys sighed and followed him. Karma tried to go after them but I stood in front of him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I just hate smug people like that." He grumbled. "Do you know who that was?"

"The strawberry-blonde? No." I answered.

"That's the principal's son, Gakushuu Asano." Karma said. "We've always competed for the number one academic spot. That was his posse, 'The big 5'. They have the best grades in the school."

"Oh, I didn't know that." I was honestly surprised. No wonder Asano had that sleeve cover. He must be the student council president. "Well, let's just forget about it, okay?" I tried to lighten the mood. He glanced down at me and gave a small smile. I smiled back and we continued walking around town as the sun began to set.

"So, how's everything at home. With Akari?" Karma suddenly asked.

"Not the best." I answered honestly. "It's like every day we grow further apart. Right now we share a room but she's trying to convince our parents to let her have her own for 'more space'."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Not really." I shook my head. "She's still not a big fan of us being together. The only reason she acted happy that day was to put on a show."

"Speaking of shows..." Karma smirked at me and I instantly knew he was up to something. "I've watched your videos on TV before and all, but I've never heard you sing in person."

"Please don't make me." I chuckled, starting to blush. It's one thing singing for a concert of strangers, but it's another singing for the guy you just started dating.

"You can pick the song." He offered and rolled his eyes before admitted the one word he hates saying. "Please?"

"Fine." I sighed and searched my head for a song. I looked back up to the moon from earlier. With the sky darker now, it was shining even brighter.

"Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me
Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you"

I smiled to myself as I finished the short song. I looked over to Karma who was looking at me in slight shock and blushing. I had never seen him look so... well, non-Karma. "That was beautiful." He admitted.

"Thank you." I tried to laugh off my slight embarrassment. We continued walking around town before the sun completely set and we reached my house. "I'll see you Monday?" I smiled as we made it to my front door step.

"Yep." He nodded and kissed me. Why do his kisses always taste like strawberries?

I smiled as we both pulled away and he walked off, humming the tune to my song earlier. I then took out my key and opened my front door. There, Akari was laying in the living-room, playing on her phone. "Have fun on your date?" She asked sarcastically.

"Akari-" It's been so long since we've had a normal conversation, but she just huffed and walked off to our room, shutting and locking the door behind her. I sighed and sat my purse down on a table. Guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.