Chapter 60: Thankful

Everything was going into frenzy, one of my models sprained her ankle and two of them were late. I was becoming impatient and very annoyed. Alex my makeup artist was doing my makeup while I had Cloe on my lap playing in my curly hair. One side was down, while the other side was still pinned up. That's how you can tell today is a rough one. But it's still my fashion show and I am going to make the best of it. That's something I've learned after having my children is that you have to make the best of every situation. The old me probably would of cursed everyone out and probably would want to swing at some one that looked at me the wrong one way.

"Ma-ma" she called pulling my hair "Ouch Cloe don't pull my hair" I whined moving her hand from my hair. Even though I've been stressed Chres has been the best playing super dad with Chance on one end and Melo on the other. I looked at the time and we were an hour away. After she finished my hair and makeup I walked out of the dressing room to the hall where the show would be. I took a peek at all of the models practicing one last time. I was so excited the anticipation was real, I heard someone call my name and I quickly turned around to see news reporter Marge from Fox News and Bethany Frankel from the Bethany show and my jaws dropped to the floor.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Can we interview you for a few minutes? She asked. "Of course you can..... I have my little one with me as well is that okay? I asked. "Sure isn't she the cutest". "Say thank you" I smiled waving Cloe's hand. I texted Chres telling him I had a quick interview and that Cloe would be in it. He sent me a bunch of laughing emojis. This is going to be so cool because ten years from now she can watch this and be like Hey I was on TV with my mommy.

I sat down on a chair while she began the interview. "Hello Cori"

"Hey Marge... I always liked your different hairstyles as I watched the news every morning"

"Why thank you but let's talk about you, it seems like you're woman of the year" she said

"I wouldn't say all of that but a lot has happened"

"Okay so you and your family were on the cover of New York Daze magazine a couple of months ago and they interviewed you and of course you were pregnant. You recently gave a high risk birth with triplets how does that feel? She asked

"It feels great, I always wanted to be a mother growing up I was always told I couldn't have kids. I went through a couple of loses and even woke up from a coma but now I have  my beautiful triplets and here's one of them" I smiled kissing all over her watching her laugh.  "What's her name? She asked.

"Cloe Marie August.... She's named after her passed grandmother Cleo by her father and of course I have Carmelo and Chance in the other room probably making a mess" I chuckled.

"She's adorable"

"Thank you"

" Wow you are a powerful woman .....Okay moving on from all of this cuteness, you have a fashion show today for your new clothing like called Made in Chic tell us about that? She asked.

"I have a woman's line called Made In Chic I kind of got the idea from China but yeah it's just a store for all body types and all kind of occasions and it's going down tonight so be there or be square. I cheered looking at the camera.

"You heard it from Cori" She laughed. "Thanks for talking to us for a few minutes" She smiled shaking my hand. "Thanks for having me".

"Bye Cloe" She smiled waving at her.

"Ba- Ba" Cloe mumbled waving. I smiled carrying her back to the dressing room. We had 30 minutes left and I had to finish making sure everything was okay. I sat Cloe down putting on her pink sparkly tutu I made for her. Chres came in and I became even more excited I barely seen him today. "Hi baby" I smiled hugging him. "Hey love, are you tired yet? He asked.

"Yes, I just want to make sure everything is okay" I sighed. "How about you just relax everything is fine I handled it we even found a back up model" he said.

"Really? I cheered in excitement this reminded me when I was helping out with a fashion show and one of the models passed out and I had to replace her.

"Remember when you saw me model at that fashion show? I chuckled. "Oh yeah with that little mermaid costume you had on that was funny" he laughed.  "Yeah it was".

30 Minutes Later

The fashion show begun it was going good, drama free, no surprises or anything. It was decorated with all black and pink lights everywhere. I watched all the models walk down the stage with each of my designs. Everyone was there my family and friends and a couple of celebrities surprises from Chres. I was impressed with myself all of my dreams were coming true. It was hosted by Yandy from love and hip hop, so it was very crowded in here. It was an intermission.

"How did you all like the first set of models...weren't they amazing?  She asked and everyone started clapping. All of this was overwhelming I was getting emotional. "Well while we're waiting I think we should let a couple of women in the crowd model.... DJ play something for the ladies" she shouted. He played Partition by beyonce which was my song. I watched a couple of random women walk down the stage with confidence.

"Yasssssssssssssssss" I yelled standing up clapping. "I'm going up there come on Toni" Lisa said grabbing Toni's hand they walked up to the stage and began to walk this was so entertaining I couldn't stop laughing.

"Yessssssssss besties kill it" I laughed. I was looking for Chres and I couldn't find him until I saw him on the stage with Jacob.

"Chres please don't" I laughed I was so weak.

"Oh my is the hubby going to model"? Yandy asked.  Chres tried strutting down the runway, he was mocking the models and I was in tears. "Yassssssssssssssssssss Chres you have to do the spin too" he laughed crossing his arms and started to walk back to the crowd. Jacob started to sashay down the runway and I laughed even harder. They definitely made me day, I placed Cloe on the runway to see if she would do anything and she started to crawl, I made sure she didn't go too far. Everyone in the audience thought it was the cutest thing ever which it was. "Go Clo Clo" I smiled watching her crawl.

"OMG record this" Christina said pulling out my cell phone and recorded it for me. After the intermission the rest of the models walked out on their last part which was the party night theme. I sat back watching them strut they were killing it. All of my hard work was a success. We walked to the back to get ready to walk out I heard Yandy talk about me and it felt good.

"I hope you all had a great and fun time at Made In Chic's First Annual Fashion Show but it wouldn't be a success today without the woman with the vision Ms. Cori" she said. I excitedly walked down the runway with Cloe on my hip, while Chres had the boys behind him. I felt like Kimora Lee Simmons, everyone clapped for me and I felt a tear fall from my eyes. She handed me the Mic "I just want to thank all of ya'll for being supportive and coming out to my fashion show. I remember when this was just a dream from a depressed girl and now it came true" I smiled turning around to my husband.

"But I really want to thank my husband who's been my backbone through everything this fashion show wouldn't of been half a success if it wasn't for him thanks baby I love you. I love the hell out of you Chres" I started crying quickly wiping my tears.

"Thank you all again remember the after party is going down in the next building over  and its free" I said waving and leaving. I was an emotional wreck finally these weren't tears of pain it was tears of joy.  We handed our kids to their grandparents. So I could get myself together "Awww come here pumpkin" Chres chuckled pulling me into a hug as I cried on his shoulders. "You're such a cry baby" he said.

"I know" I cried. "But I'm hella happy right now" I cried hugging him tighter.

"Thank you Chres, Thank you for everything you just don't understand" I smiled as he wiped my tears. "You're welcome anything for my queen" he said and I started crying again. My friends were laughing at me in the background because I couldn't get myself together but with all that I gone through today was just a reminder that things will get better.

"I'm gonna give you the best sex you ever had tonight" I mumbled through his chest. I was more than Thankful.

Like & Comment

FINALE IS CLOSE AS EVER