Chapter 40: Love Don't Change

Chresanto

I woke up smiling I was excited for the baby shower probably more excited than my wife. I stared over at her sleeping peacefully. I looked at the clock and it was going on 12:30. This is the latest we've slept in a while; I turned over and tapped her lightly. “Wake up sleepy head” I whispered. “Mmmmmm it's only 9” She whined. “It's 12:30” I said. She jumped up “Oh Shit were running behind schedule” She said getting up. I watched her wobble towards the bathroom “Aww don't you look cute” I smiled. “Ughhh stop” She said closing the door. I got up following her until I heard the doorbell ring. I walked downstairs to answer it no one was there I looked down to see a gift. I grabbed the gift and brought it upstairs I was curious what it was, I placed it on the bed and opened the bathroom door.  I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth. I heard the shower water end “Chres can you come back in once I put my towel on” She asked.

“What? No I've seen every part of your body before why are you trying to hide all of the sudden” I asked getting annoyed. She smacked her lips “Because I feel like a whale” She whined. “Oh my god fine” I said stepping out of the bathroom. “Thankyou”She smiled.  She finally came out with her towel wrapped around her. “What's that”? She asked. “I don’t know it looks like a gift wanna open it? I asked pushing it towards her. She excitedly sat down on the bed and opened the box removing the wrapping paper. She opened the box and it was a set of baby products with a note in it. She looked at the note and began reading it:

Dear, Chresanto

 I heard of the good news, I am so happy for you and your future family.

Take Care

Lorielle

She finished reading with an annoyed look on her face I was shocked myself. “Hmm they just can’t get enough of you huh? She said throwing the note to the side. “I didn’t know it was from her I'm just confused as you are” explained.  “It's whatever I don’t care” She said applying lotion to her legs. I didn’t even respond I went straight to the bathroom to shower.

30 minutes later

There was pure silence I kept having scary dreams of miscarriages, My hormones were all over the place, His ex just brought us a gift out of the blue. I'm just highly annoyed with everything. I sat on my chair while applying my makeup. Adding my foundation and eye shadow. “You good” he asked. “Yeah I'm fine” I said blending my shadow. I peeped through the mirror watching him put on his white pants, his Gucci belt he loved and white tee. “You look sharp babe” I complemented. He looked up smiling “I mean what can I say? He said placing on his blue and white jays and Rolex. Once I was finished doing my makeup I went in the closet to grab my blue dress I planned on wearing. I took my robe off and tried putting my dress on but I struggled again. “Ugh I can't fit it” I whined taking it off.  I grabbed my other blue dress and tried it on but my boobs were coming out of it. “You know what I'm not going to this” I shouted.

“Just find something already” I said getting impatient it was 2:45 and we needed to be leaving at 3. “Are you gonna find me something” She snapped.  I grabbed her wrist turning her around “Calm down” I said. “NO, I'm getting frustrated I can’t fit my clothes I'm trying to match with you” she whined. “How about you wear this white dress that you never wore and add some blue to it” I said. She grabbed the dress and quickly put in on. “Well it does fit” She smiled wiping the lent off of it. “You're welcome” I scoffed. She grabbed her blue uggs and put them on. “Thanks baby I'm coming just go downstairs and I'll be ready” She insisted. I went downstairs and waited for her to come down. "I think we should buy you some maternity clothes what you think"? I asked her from downstairs.