Chapter 57: Don't Be Afraid

4 months Later

That Night

Cori

I couldn't believe that I had triplets with the love of my life. I'm in awe and shock all of the times the doctors told me I couldn't have kids. I remember that time when I went to the doctors office and she told me that I wouldn't be able to. I remember how sad I was and how I drunk the pain away. And then the next thing I know Chres was right by my side helping me get myself together and we weren't even dating.

Flashback

I went to the doctors for a check up because I wasn't feeling well. I sat on the stretcher waiting for her to come in. A few minutes later she walked in placing her clip board to the side.

"Hello Miss Cori" she smiled shaking my hand.

"Hey Doc" I said nervously

*she says nervously*

Dr: How are you feeling lately?

I've been feeling horrible lately, sleepy, no energy, headaches all of the above

Dr. E: Well I'm going to be very honest with you. I looked at your blood work and it doesn't look good at all. You have a decrease in the number of platelets, a condition called thrombcytopenia. If the number of platelets in your blood gets too low, excessive bleeding can occur. I'm sorry Miss Cori but since your medication isn't responding you are going to need to get your spleen removed.

"Another surgery, I'm already insecure about all these surgery marks I have to get another one. I whined

Dr. E: I'm sorry Cori, I know you are tired of this

"Very"!

Dr: But you are one of the strongest patients I know * smiling*

Dr. E: Well I'll give you some time to yourself

"Wait, Dr .E I know I'm only 21 but by me having lupus will that have an effect on me having kids in the future? I asked

Dr. E: *sighs heavily * I wouldn't recommend it because it can lead to kidney failure. It could harm the baby and I think that's a little selfish don't you think?

"Selfish"? I asked giving her that look.

Dr. E: Oh Cori! I am Sorry I didn't mean it like that. I am truly sorry I'm just thinking what's best for you

"You know Dr. E , All my life I had to just agree when it comes to my health. I just had to suck it up and keep it moving and I'm tired of it. Have a nice day... I'll see you in a couple of weeks." I said grabbing my purse and leaving

I swear I can never get a break I just feel all by myself in this my mom is in jersey. And my friends are there but they will never understand what I'm truly going through because they're not sick.

I just couldn't take it anymore and out of no where I began crying on the steering wheel *

I just really don't want another surgery this will be my fourth one and home girl is tired.

Later that night

Chres

I was on the phone coming in from work when I saw Cori sitting outside of her door. Her makeup was smeared and her hair was all poofy. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do.

"Aye Chres do you even hear me? He asked.

"My bad bro it's just Cori is sitting outside knocked out" I explained