Chapter 18: Failure

“He looks just like you” I smiled watching Chres hold our son for the first time. My mom, Toni and Lisa came in with balloons. “Awww look at little Chresy Jr” She joked holding his little hand.  “His name is Cameron Okay” I laughed. “Babe I'm gonna go to the bathroom I'll be back” He said handing me the baby over. I stared at him and stared wanting to cry a little. “He has that curly hair just like his dad and he has your big ass eyes” Toni joked. “Come to god mommy” she said holding him. Chres came back in from the bathroom and took him from Toni “I'm so glad you're my child's father” I said. He smiled and leaned over to give me a kiss. “I am too, now get some sleep” he said.

Cori

 I woke up in a sweat, I looked over to make sure everything was real but it wasn't it was just a dream. I was shocked because I haven’t had a dream like this on over a year I sighed because I felt all my emotions and days of depression come back. I hated feeling this way. I looked over to see him still sleeping. I closed the door turned on the light and stared in the mirror for the longest I felt like breaking this mirror but I knew it wouldn’t help I sucked it up I stopped crying over that situation it is what it is I guess.

I was in the spa getting a message it felt so good the masseuse was getting all of my tense areas. The Korean woman was so gentle yet rough “You’re so tense honeyyyyy” she said. “I know, I know” I sighed placing my head back down.

Chresanto

After she came from the spa. I watched her sit back and relax by the pool. She had on her sunglasses, hat, and a glass of mimosa. I smiled looking at her. There was no drama, no health issues for now. I swear we needed a break from everything. I think these few more days in the Bahamas will bring us much closer. I took her glass from her hand. She turned around “Hey, give me my drink back” she said. “You're a damn alcoholic” I laughed handing it back to her. “Yeah whatever” she said drinking it.

“So you know Travis the guy I train from the New York giants”? I asked. “Yeah I know him” she smiled. I sat on the edge of the chair “Well he was telling me how grateful he was for me helping him get back on his feet, after his injury” “Yeah” She said.  I paused “Well……He wants to throw us an engagement party” I said.

She sat up “Huh? No were already having one by our parents we don’t need another one” she laughed. “I know I told him but he won't take no for an answer, plus I think it would be kinda cool cuz this one will be strictly partying and the other one is for the family and close friends” I explained.

“When is it”? I asked. His eyes widened “It's kinda when we come back that weekend” he said

“Damn it's so fast, I don’t know Chres” She sighed. “Why not? I frowned. “It's just gonna be too many groupies and I'm not down for no drama” She explained. “It won't be any drama unless you make it” he joked. “So you’re saying I cause all the drama” she said defensively. I laughed “No, I'm saying there won't be drama unless you say there will be drama, so what do you say” he asked. She sighed taking her drink to the head “Hmmmmm I guess” she said looking uneasy.

And I was thinking we should move, I want us to get a house” I said. She raised an eyebrow “We're not even married yet and why do we need a big house?” she laughed. I looked at her funny “Uhhh so we can start a family” I said. “Ohh…..So what are we doing later”? She asked. I rolled my eyes at her because she was avoiding the question. “You know what we’re doing later quit avoiding the question” I said. I watched her chew the ice from the glass and placing it down. “I'm getting hot, I think I'm gonna go back in” she said getting up, she grabbed her phone and walked off.  A few minutes later I followed her back I slid the card in and opened the door to see her changing.

“I like how you just left me” I said walking towards her. “I just had to do something” she said. “Why do you keep avoiding my question? Every time I bring it up you just blow it off, it's getting annoying” I said.

“I just don't want to talk about children honey, I don't want kids of my own, I don't” she shouted walking towards the bathroom; I gently grabbed her wrist pulling her back. “Can you just talk about it”? I asked. “No I can't now please let go” she said getting irritated. “No” I said. She rolled her eyes back. “This is what you need to learn, If I don’t want to talk about something you need to respect my decision of not wanting to talk about it ; You can't force me to talk about anything I don’t want to talk about until I'm ready” She said yanking her hand from me.

“You're right but obviously its bothering you if you always avoid it, you can't keep running around from your problems Cori” I said. “I swear all you women are the same, when we ask what's wrong you say nothing but deep down inside you want to talk about your problems and that drives us men crazy” I explained running my hands through my hair she grew silent I could tell she was taking what I said into consideration.

“I don’t run away from my problems Chres I'm forced to face them everyday unlike you so don’t tell me I run away from my damn problems” She said crossing her arms. “So you're saying I don’t have problems either” I asked. “Yes, you don't have problems like me, I have so much on my plate” she explained “Okay okay you face your health problems but everything else you run from and avoid just like this baby situation you never want to talk about it” I said

“CHRES I CAN'T CARRY YOUR BABY” She yelled.  She paused for the longest “…..This morning I had a dream that I gave birth to our first child and it was beautiful but when I woke up I realized it wasn’t true and I beat myself up everyday about it, I've gotten better over the years but I still have my days” She said. “I just can't put myself through that anymore” She sobbed holding her face I pulled her towards me and hugged her tightly. “It's not your fault baby I promise you it isn’t” I said kissing her forehead. “This was supposed to be an escape from our problems” she whined. “I know baby, but you can't help that you had a dream” he said.

"It just isn't fair ,this is hell” she said placing her head on my chest.

:( She's suffering

 Oh god! Two engagement parties tho  -____-

BE PREPARED FOR NEXT CHAPTER ;))))))

Like & Comment