Chapter 28: The Big Day

I woke up happy and refreshed and looked over to see that Chres wasn't there I knew he wouldn't be anyway and that I wouldn't be able to see him until 4 today. I reached over on my table and grabbed my phone and saw a cute message from my soon to be husband.

"Good morning Wife to be I hope you slept good last night I can't wait to see you walk down that aisle I am so anxious , well go get ready and I'll see you later I love you Ms.August" I blushed and replied back.

"Good morning husband to be I slept great last night and I can't wait to marry you later lol I love you more Mr. August" I got up and realized that Tre wasn't here and I started to panic. Where the hell was he I got up and folded the blanket. And walked to the bathroom I turned on the water and washed my face brushed my teeth. I then grabbed my razor and went right to business once I was done shaving. I turned on my shower radio. And started to lather my body while singing my songs.

Now I got loveeeeee all over meeeee

Baby, you touch every part of meeeee

Ooh, I got love all over meeee

And I don't wanna get it off

I'm completely covered up in your loveeeee

I sung rinsing off. Once I got out I wrapped myself with a towel and walked to my bedroom. I dried myself off and sprayed my perfume on me. I was in a great mood Cori Nicole Andrea Harris is getting married today. I lotioned up and placed on a t –shirt and shorts. I was waiting for my cousin Sydney to come over and do my makeup and Simone said she would re-curl my hair because that uhh sweated out last night. Meanwhile since it was only 12 I went in the refrigerator to grab something since my appetite was on 100. I grabbed a bowl and poured some cinnamon toast crunch and mixed it with my frosted flakes I don't know why I just had a taste for it. I grabbed the phone and called Chres I knew it wasn't a really good idea but I needed to see where Tre was I worried. I don't know why I feel like ever since I got pregnant and with Trevon living with us my motherly instincts where on a high and I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. I waited for the phone to ring and he picked up I could hear men laughing in the background.

"Hey Baby" he said.

"Hey honey where's Tre he was supposed to be here this morning and I told him to text me yesterday when he got to his friends house" I said quickly.

He chuckled making me mad. "Where is he"? I asked. "Tre is with me "he chuckled. I felt a sigh of relief I didn't  want to be responsible if something bad would have happened. "Oh ok good well I see you tonight "I said. "Okay see you soon love "he said hanging up. I finished eating my food when I heard a knock to my door. I got up and opened it to see my dad at the door.

"Uh hey dad" I said looking at him weird. "Can I come in" he asked I let him in. "What's up" I asked. "Look Cori I know today is your big day but I wouldn't feel right not walking you down the aisle, I know I hurt you and I am truly sorry I neglected you when you needed me. And I wish could take back what I've done but I can't, but I learned from it and dealt with it.I'm tired of dealing with it, I just want to be the man and walk you down the aisle" he began crying.

"I feel like a complete piece of shit that I left you and your mom, Cori I am truly sorry I just want you to forgive me I just miss my daughter so much and even if I can't be in your life just let me be a part of my future grandchildren's life I want to be the best grandfather to them. I'm just really sorry and I don't want you to walk down the aisle by yourself I already beat myself up every day that I left and I don't want to leave again I want to be by your side. What kind of father walks out of their daughtes' life at 8 , What kind of father doesn't show up for prom and graduation, what kind of father takes care of one of child and not the other one, man I just want to start over I want you to please forgive me" he sobbed. I started to cry and I walked over and hugged him which seemed like forever. "I- I forgive you" I sobbed.