Chapter 33: Stressed Out

I walked down the stairs with the hamper of clothes and almost felt myself trip over some shoes. I placed the hamper down on the floor picked up his timberland boot and walked over towards the television where he was. “Can you be more careful I almost tripped over your damn shoes” I snapped. He wasn’t playing much attention his eyes were glued to the television. “Yea yeah my bad baby “he said. I grabbed the remote by the table and turned the TV off. “What the hell Cori I was watching that” he shouted. “Nigga I don’t care I should be watching TV you're really taking this barefoot and pregnant shit seriously” I scoffed. “Well you can’t be mad at me that you’re in the house” he said. “All I want you to do is help me around the house I do everything around here I'm just tired” I whined crossing my arms. He got up “You're right what am I doing working my baby to death here sit here while I finish up okay” he said handing me the remote. I smiled watching him place the dishes in the sink.

I looked at my phone to see that it was Tre he hasn’t been here all week since the argument. I slowly picked up the phone.

“Hello” I answered but there was no response.

“Tre I know you want to say something you can talk to me” I said. Chres looked over “I wonder what the knuckle head wants” he scoffed wiping the counters.

“H-hello” he said

“Hey Tre wassup? I asked. “I’m outside” he said. “Ok I'm coming” I got up and walked over towards the door but Chres stopped me. “No let me talk to him” he shouted. “No I got it, just let me talk to him first okay” I said. “Okay- okay” he backed up. I opened the door and stepped outside to see him sitting on the porch.  He sucked his teeth “Man if coach doesn’t want me to be there I will get my stuff” he said. I rolled my eyes “Honestly Tre if you are doing things like this I don’t want you here either “I admitted. He got up from the porch “Man it's whatever I'm out here tryna get mines my mother never raised me to be hungry or needed anything from anyone so Imma grind and get what I need regardless” he said punding his chest. I got up “Little  boy do you hear yourself you sound dumb we took you in and we make sure you have everything you need so why do you feel the need to sell ? I asked him.

“Because I feel loved, I mean I love my team players but the niggas I hang with we ride for each other we like a pact” he explained. “And you know what, go be with the Pact Tre go ahead and throw your life away” I said opening the door. “Come and get your things” I said. He rolled his eyes and came in “Sup Coach” he said. But Chresanto didn’t say anything.  Tre walked into his room and grabbed his book bag and few of his clothes. He quickly walked downstairs “Tre be at practice at 3”Chres demanded. Tre didn’t say anything he just closed the door. I rolled my eyes and walked to the refrigerator grabbing a jar of pickles I took one out and dipped it in peanut butter. Chres looked over and gave me a look of disgust “My god you are really pregnant ewwww” he said squinting his eyes. “So you're calling me fat now”? I shouted.

“No I'm not calling you fat” he rolled his eyes. “Sure you are” I scoffed taking another bite of the pickle.

4 hours later

 Chresanto

“Harder harder harder” I shouted watching them run back and forth. “Come on coach we've been running for 30 minutes” Damian said out of breath. “Booo hoo then you'd be crying when you lost a game go run one more sprint around the gym and then you can get a break” I said blowing the whistle. I looked at the clock and it was 4 o clock. I was waiting for Trevon to come here. I heard doors open and I quickly looked up to see Trevon running in here. He threw his book bag on the floor “You're late” I said. He rolled his eyes “I was busy coach stop sweating me” he scoffed. I was 2 seconds from throwing this boy through the wall but I kept my cool. “Go do your warm up” I demanded. He quickly ran to the corner and did his 10 pushups and 10 sit ups and then did a sprint. I could tell he was a little slower than he usually was. “Hmmm a little slower than before Tre I wonder why” I shouted. I blew the whistle “Everyone besides Tre can take a water break” I shouted. All my players ran to over and quickly grabbed their water and Gatorade. I watched Trevon struggle to do his warm-up.