Chapter 48: Replica

I slowly opened my eyes to sunlight beaming on my face. I smelled the aroma of pancakes and bacon and I excitedly jumped out of bed. It's been a while since I had pancakes and Chres knows I love them dearly. I wobbled in the bathroom and began brushing my teeth and washing my face. Once I was done I put on some shorts and carefully walked down the stairs. To see Chres texting on his phone and Tre eating while texting.  “Well good morning” I smiled yawning. “Morning” they both said glued to their phones.

“Sheeshh is the conversation that good” I chuckled grabbing my plate. I took the rest of the pancakes and placed them on my plate including the bacon. I sat at the table where they were and it was completely silent. I grabbed the syrup and started pouring it on my pancakes. All I saw was Chres and Tre mugging each other. “Okay what's wrong? I asked.

“I don’t know Cori you ask him? He scoffed looking at him. I looked at Tre “Okayyy what happened Tre? I asked. He placed his phone down “I got in a fight yesterday but I never told ya'll “he explained. “The school called this morning” Chres said getting louder. “Why were you fighting? I asked taking a bite of my food. He looked over “Really Cori why are you so calm? He argued. I ignored him “Cuz I just was” he scoffed crossing his arms. “Tre if you don’t tell us sooner or later you won’t have a party” he said.

“Don't say that” I felt him get up. “Do what you want” he said getting up. I watched him leave the kitchen and went down the basement. “Who were you fighting? I asked. He didn’t say anything “You know you can talk to me” I insured. “Okay well it's this girl at my school named Yasmin and I like her a lot so these boys were messing with her and I told them to stop so one of them pushed me and then I pushed him back and then we just started going at it so I have a one day suspension and it's already Friday so I don’t go back until Monday and one more screw up and I'm kicked out of the school” he explained.

“Well you did the right thing to defend your friend crush or whatever but you do have to cut the fighting out because Chres worked hard to get you back in the school and he'd be very upset if you got kicked out” I explained. He rolled his eyes “I can't tell that man anything after the whole drug situation he doesn’t trust me like that so I can only come to you with my problems. He probably wouldn’t believe me if I told him the reason” he scoffed. “I'll go talk to him for you okay but no more fighting and I mean it” I said. He began getting up “Okay Ma, Imma go hoop with my friends outside I'll be back” he said.

“Okay keep your cell phone on” I said watching him shut the door. I finished eating my food while looking on instagram. Chres came back upstairs with a shirt hanging on his back. “Baby can we talk for a second? I asked. He came over and sat on the table across from me. “Wassup? He asked.

“Tre told me that he wasn’t fighting just because he was fighting because these boys were messing with his crush Yasmin so they starting hitting him and he fought them back” I explained.

“Then why wouldn’t he tell me” he shouted.

“Because he feels like he can’t get through to you and he said that he thinks that you don’t trust him ever since the whole drug situation” I explained.

“I mean at times I can’t believe what he says but I just don’t understand how he tells you everything but not me” he said.

“That's because I'm understanding” I said. He started to laugh “Your understanding? He asked. I rolled my eyes don’t put this on me you need to stop being so hard on him because honestly Chres when these twins come and get older they're gonna grow not to like you if you keep playing drill sergeant all the time and I'm not with half of it” I said. “Whatever man” he sucked his teeth.