Chapter 20: Guns & Roses

The Next Day…

I woke up to a bunch of noise being made from the kitchen I rolled my eyes getting up. I placed on my sheer robe and walked out the room I peeked into the kitchen to see Chres doing some kind of maintenance under the sink; I couldn’t help but stare at his body even though I was still highly annoyed from last night this scenery took me out of misery for a second. I walked over to wear he was bent and I sat on his thigh.

“Good morning” I said but didn’t get a response. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the ceiling”Goodmoring” I shouted. “Good morning Cori “he said tightening the pipe with a screw driver. “So what are you handy dandy man today”? I joked he just smirked. “Look I'm sorry for snapping at you last night it's ju-

“No, I should of defended you and I'm sorry for always making you feel the way you do , half of the time I don't even notice what goes on when other females are in the room “he laughed. I smiled “Well can you pay attention more often sometimes you leave me high and dry” I said. He got up a little so he can see me “And can you stop fighting all over the place you don’t understand how that makes me look” he said. I crossed my arms “So you can fight every nigga that comes your way but I can't fight when a bitch bothers me” I asked raising my eyebrows. “Pretty much, plus your too pretty to be fighting all the time fighting all the time” he said pinching my chin. “Just leave the fighting to us men that's what we do not ya'll” he explained. “Well maybe if your groupie hoes would leave me the hell alone I wouldn’t have to be fighting now would I” I said challenging him. He just smacked his teeth and continued to fix the water pipe.

“See you don’t get where I'm coming from yet” I said getting off of his lap and walking to the bathroom. I already had a lot on my mind I was worried shitless to see my mom I didn’t know if there was good or bad news and I wasn’t ready for it. Once I got out of the shower I got dressed and was ready to face my mother. I knew this trip to Jersey would seem like forever. I grabbed my keys on the counter and purse. “We're not done talking about this” he said.

“What else is there to talk about clearly you don’t understand where I'm coming from, I'll see you later” I said closing the door. I got in the car and headed towards Trenton.

25 minutes later

I placed the key in the door opening it, when I walked in I heard noise in the kitchen I knew my mother was baking something. “Hey Ma” I called but no answer “Mommy” “Trina” “Trina Nicole Wilson” I called. She turned around she had ear phones in her ear while she was baking a pound cake I loved. She looked up and removed them “Hey daughter” she smiled wiping her hands and giving me a hug. “Hey mommy” I nervously said. She grabbed her cup of tea took a sip and placed it on the island “We need to talk” she said. I placed my hands on my face in awe “Thank god I thought it was something serious” I sighed in relieve.

“No just some motherly advice “she said. “On”? I questioned sitting on the counter. “Cori I heard you were acting a damn fool at your so called engagement party, have I not raised you right”? She asked. I had a shocked look on my face “How did you-“Don’t worry about how I found out , this isn’t the first time I heard of you and Chresanto acting a damn fool at a function and I’m sick of it” she snapped. I just sat there speechless I didn’t know what to say “Well, Ma I can't help that these girls mess with me they want Chres and they attack me so I have to defend myself” I explained