Chapter 53: Nervous Wreck!

My mother is staying at my house for a couple of weeks because my due date is slowly approaching actually it's taking a little long it's already February 13th and the babies are due tomorrow on Valentine's day. I feel perfectly fine right now just really scared and nervous. I don’t want to feel all this pain I know I am about to endure. Today Chres and I are going on a date because this will probably be the last night well have fun in a long time.  I sat in the kitchen drinking my tea scrolling through my phone and all of sudden my instagram notifications we're blowing up as well as my phone.  I opened my messages from Lisa.

“Did you see this yet? She asked. I looked closely to see the cover of the New York Daze magazine and read it.

“Newyork's New Power Couple Chresanto and Cori August”

“The Huxtable family meets the Harris Family”

“Read how these two met”?

“There new adoption”

“And twins on the way”

“And Cori's miracle story all on page 35”

My eyes widened I couldn’t believe we were on a magazine again but this time covering it. I can’t believe they compared us to Huxtables I think that's a little too extreme I'll take the Harris Family at least. I looked at our family picture and all of this seemed unreal to me. I called Chres waiting for him to answer.

“Hey baby”

“GO TO THE CVS NEXT TO YOUR BARBERSHOP” I said in excitement.

“What's at the CVS store” he asked laughing.

“Our magazine duhhhh” I said.

“Oh okay I'll check out in a few” he said.

“Alright babe” I sighed.

“What's wrong?

“Nothing I'm fine”

“Ummhmm what chu doing over there you’re not being bad are you? He asked.

“Boy bye…. I'm just chilling getting ready for our date later” I smiled.

“Aww someone's excited for tonight” he said

“Your mind is always on something else Mr. August” I chucked.

“See look at you I wasn’t even thinking like that but I mean if that's on your mind that's fine too baby” he said.

“Bye Chres I'll see you later” I laughed.

“Okay see you later” he laughed hanging up.

Chresanto

I quickly walked to the CVS next to the shop to look for the magazine. I walked up the front and saw the magazines piled up with our faces. I grabbed like 5 of them and a pack of gum and went to the man at the register he looked at the magazines while he scanned them and looked at me. “Yeah it's me” I laughed. “I thought so” he said placing them in a bag.

“That will be 20.47” he said.

I swiped my card waiting for it to clear he gave me my receipt and I was on my way back to the shop. I sat down on the chair and read and looked at the cover of our photo.

“Newyork's New Power Couple Chresanto and Cori August”

“The Huxtable family meets the Harris Family”