I'm Sorry

It was really nice out, peaceful. Which is the first time i've felt that way since I came back.
It feels like a breathe of fresh air. We don't have to worry about Kanimas, murderous masters, missing Lydias. We could just be us in this moment, right now. We could be together, or so I thought. "I need to tell you something." Isaac mumbled so quietly that I almost didn't catch it.

"I do to!" I replied cheerfully. I figured bows the time to tell him about the mate thing that Deaton told me about. I figured that it would be better coming from me so I wanted to tell him first.

"Can i go first?" He gulped. I look up at him for the first time since we came out here. He's face was scrunched as if he was arguing with himself. He looked upset and regretful.

"Is, what's wrong?" He hesitates for a moment before speaking.

"I'm leaving." He admits causing my breath to catch in my throat. I stay silent for a moment trying to process it. He looks down at me trying to catch my reaction. But I stare forward blankly.

"Your still leaving with Erica and Boyd?" I question him. Trying my best to remain calm.

"No." He replies cautiously, as if he couldn't tell if I was going to explode or implode. "I'm going with Derek and Peter." So soon as I hear their names I release my hand from his and stop walking. Issac stops a step or two ahead and turns around.

"What? Why?" I asked confused. I wasn't even aware that they were leaving, let alone taking Isaac with them.

"Derek needs my help with something out of town and then I'm meeting up with Erica and Boyd. We're gonna go from there."

"For how long?"

"Indefinitely as far as I know. It's not like I have anything waiting for me here." I scoff and roll my eyes at him.

"Seriously?" I ask angrily. I don't know how many times I have to tell him that I'm here. I'm standing right in front of him.m and I'm not going anywhere. "We're back to this?" Isaac's concerned expression turned into an annoyed one.

"Don't be cross with me, I'm just being honest." He said crossing his arms across his chest. "I've just thought I should let you know."

"So that's why you drug me all the way out here? To tell me that your leaving? We're not even going to talk about it?"

"There's no easy way to find the words to say, but when it's time to let go-" he began reciting a speech that he no doubt prepared before hand but I cut him off before he had the chance.

"No! I've been trying to convince you that I'm here! I'm in your corner, and I'm not going anywhere." I yelled at him holding back my tears.

"Rowan-" He said taking a step towards me but I cut him off again.

"Did I do something to make you want to leave? Do you want an apology? Because I'm so sorry if it was something I said, and I'm sorry for if it was something I've done. Okay? I'm sorry that your heart is broken, and I'm sorry if I made you feel like you weren't the one. I'm sorry!"

I was begging at this point, which I hated because I don't beg. But I just got him back and I wasn't ready to lose him to Derek, or Erica, or anyone else. I was so caught up in my rant that I hadn't realized how close he was until he pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I mumble into his chest

"It's not your fault." He tries to assure me while running his hand through my hair. "There's just somewhere else I need to be." He holds me for what feels like forever until I see Derek and Peter standing in the distance.

"Isaac, lets go!" Derek called for him completely bursting our little bubble. Isaac pulls back enough to look me in the eyes. He goes in to kiss me but I quickly turn my head. I just couldn't. I was just so angry. Partly because he's already decided to go, but mostly because there was nothing I could do about it. He sighs before settling for a kiss on my head.