That Has Wings!

"What's happening to him?" Scott asked. After she called him panicked Scott, Isaac, and I rushed to the hospital to check on Jackson. The four of us stood over his supposably dead body.  He was enclosed in a transparent cocoon of venom.

"I thought that you were gonna tell me. Is it bad?" Melissa asked anxiously bitting at her nail.

"It doesn't look good." Scott replies getting a closer look. Isaac reached forward only for me to slap him away.

"Don't touch it!" I scolded disgusted at the dripping substance. Suddenly Jackson flinches causing us all to take a step back. "Okay, he's definitely not dead."

"Um, mom, could you zip it up, please?" Scott stutters not wanting to get closer. She stares unbelievably at the frightened supernatural teens in front of her.

"Okay." She drags out. She takes a deep breath before reaching for the zipper. "Okay, okay. Okay, here we go." She uncomfortably zips until she gets to his chin. She begins struggling as if the zipper was stuck. Jackson hisses revealing his razor sharp teeth and we all tense again before he relaxes. 

"Mom, zip." Scott rushes her wide eyed.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay." Jackson continues to his and growl as she tried to free the zipper.

"Zip! Zip, mom, zip! Zip!" She finally frees it and manages to zip it over his head but the noise and movement won't stop. Scott immediately pulls out his phone and calls Derek to see what they found. He puts it on speaker and sets the phone on the table.

"They say he's in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws." I hear Derek parrot back to Peter on the other end of the phone.

"That sounds sufficiently terrifying." Peter mumbles in the distance.

"And he's starting to move!" Isaac adds.

"They also say he's starting to move." Derek repeats once again.

"Okay, look, I think I found something. Looks like what we've seen from Jackson is just the kanima's beta shape." Peter reads off of what I'm assuming is the laptop he found.

"Well, meaning what? It can turn into something bigger?"

"Bigger and badder."

"He's turning into that? That has wings."

"I can see that."

"Wings?!" I repeat taking a couple extra steps away from the body bag.

"Scott, bring him to us." Derek orders.

"I'm not sure if we have time for that." Scott replies staring at the bag. It stopped jolting around but I could see something sharp tracing the bag from the inside, ready to stab through it.

"Look, somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we-" Peter began but was cut off by a terrifying screech coming from the phone. We all flinch at the frightening sound. "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

"Scott, get him out of there now - go now." Derek rushes before hanging up.

________________________________

The boys carried Jackson out in the bag while I went ahead and kept a look out. We were hiding behind a brick wall waiting for a family to go inside. "Okay, go, go, go!" I rush as soon as they disappeared. We scurried across the parking lot when I heard a thud. I swing around to see Scott's half of the body on the ground while he looked at Isaac dumbfounded. "Scott! What the hell?"

I went to go help but our vision was blurred by bright head lights. When the lights finally went out I see Allison's dad get out of the truck. Just perfect. "You're alone." Scott says walking towards him. I was about to tell him to come get his side when Isaac dramatically drops his side as well. I roll my eyes accepting the fact that they weren't going to help. Hopefully nobody will notice this body bag laying out in the open.

"More than you know." Mr. Argent replied.

"What do you want?"

"We don't have much in common, Scott. But at the moment, we have a common enemy." By the way he spoke I could tell he wasn't looking for a fight.

"That's why I'm trying to get him out of here." Scott says gesturing to the body bag.

"I didn't mean Jackson. Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head, the same way he did with Kate. And I'm losing her. And I know you'relosing her too."

"You're right. So can you trust me to fix this?" Argent hesitates before nodding. "Then can you let us go?"

"No." He says stubbornly. "My car is faster." Me and Isaac wait for the ok from Scott before loading Jackson into the back of the black truck. We all hop in and speed away. We pulled up in and alleyway between a couple of old buildings, were we were supposed to meet Derek. We all got out but I notice Isaac worriedly staring at Jackson.

"Hey, you ok?" I ask him lightly pulling on his arm.

"Yeah. I - I think he stopped moving." He replied.

"Where's Derek?" Argent asked interrupting our conversation. As if on cue I see a figure running at us on all fours at full speed only to stop right in front of us.

"Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance." I mumble watching Derek. He flashes his red alpha eyes at Mr. Argent As a warning.

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." He declares.

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek scoffs staring him down. "Get him inside." He orders. Scott and Isaac hurry to get Jackson into on of the abandon buildings as me and Mr. Argent trailed behind. When they lay him on the floor I realize that we're missing two vital components of the "Save Jackson Operation".

"Where are they?" I asked Derek watching his movements carefully.

"Who?" Derek asked halfheartedly as he unzipped the bag.

"Peter and Lydia." Scott answered for me but panicked when Derek brought out his claws. "Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that." Derek grunts over his shoulder.

"What about-"

"Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No. No, he wouldn't do that." Mr. Argent argues. "If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not." We hear Gerard call. We all jump into defense mode as we notice him enter. "Anything that dangerous, that out of control - Is better off dead." Derek makes a quick movement to slash Jackson put he suddenly wakes and stabs Derek in the chest with his claws. As Jackson stands he lifts Derek over his head with one hand and throws him across the room. Well this should be fun.