Let The Festivities Began

After school that day the three of us went back to the vet so we could grab the supplies for the "mission" as Stiles likes to call it. Deaton leads us to the back and holds up a syringe and a clear bottle with a white label on it. "Ketamine?" Scott questions him.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Deaton says setting it down and picking up the jar of black powder that he showed me and Scott last night "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

Stiles picks up the jar and examines it skeptically before speaking. "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure - filled task for me"

"It's from the Mountain ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott and Rowan to cause me any trouble." He explains smiling at us which we gladly return.

"Okay, so then what? I just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped." Deaton confirms.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Scott sighs as if he was expecting some kind of catch.

"Great! Now let's-" I say going to grab the jar but Deaton stops me.

"Not all there is." He mentions. Spoke too soon. "Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

"If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that." Stiles admits causing Dr. Deaton to laugh before elaborating.

"Let me try a different analogy." He offers. "I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Kind of like mind over matter?" I ask and Deaton confirms.

"Force of will." Stiles repeats doubtingly.

"If this is going to work, Stiles," he said grabbing his attention. "you have to believe it."

"Mm hmm." Stiles says before looking up and realizing we were all staring at him expectingly. He dramatically takes a deep breath to convince us that he believes and for everyone's sake, I hope he dose.

________________________________

Later that night Stiles picks us up from the house to go to the rave, but it was weird. Like dead silent. I can't remember the last time the three of us were together and it was ever quiet. Stiles pulled around the back of the building and we got out to get the stuff from the trunk.

"You okay?" Scott asks and Stiles lugs the first trash bag of mountain ash out of the back.

"Yeah, why?" Stiles questions him.

"You just didn't say anything the whole way here."

"No, I'm fine." He rushes a bit too quickly. Now I know something happened. "Just grab the other bag." Scott goes for the bag but I stop him with my arm.

"No, don't!" I ordered. "Remember? Deaton said he has to do it alone."

"Okay, this plan is really starting to suck." He announces as he pulls out the presumably heavy second bag.

"No. Not here, not now." Scott says before taking off to god knows where.

"What? Scott! What am I supposed to-" he calls after him but he was way too far to hear. Stiles turns to me with annoyance written all over his face. "Plan officially sucks." I giggle and sympathetically pat him on the back.

________________________________

"Off we're gonna do this together the least you can do is not hate me." Isaac complains as we, until now, silently waited in line at the entrance.

"I don't hate you Isaac, I hate what you've become." I tell him irritated. I feel like we've been in this line for hours, but that's probably because he's here.

"I know. You've made that perfectly clear." He grumbles rolling his eyes. "But we cant work together if we don't trust each other."

"I'll trust you when you stop thinking with your junk and start thinking with your head." I lightly poke at his head with my pointer finger.

"Well it is a pretty great package if I do say so myself." He smirks at me. I look at him with complete and utter disgust. "Oh Come on! You practically set me up for that one."

"You are disgusting Isaac Lahey. You know that?" I say giving the bouncer my ticket and walking in. Isaac followed quickly followed me.

"Okay, okay, hey, hey, hey!" He said catching up and getting in my path. " Please forgive me! I hate that you hate me! I'll even drop the act." He negotiates.

"And the attitude?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him.

"And the attitude." He repeats.

"And you'll stop being a dick?"

"I'm not a dick!" He defends himself. I just cross my arms and shift my weight onto my right foot. "Ok fine I'll stop being... a dick" He mumbled the last part.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask holding my hand up to my ear. I know he knows I could hear him but I wanted him to say it louder. Call me petty if you want.

"I'll stop being a dick!" He yells a bit too loudly causing a couple of people right by us to look at us funny.

"Find your forgiven." I finally tell him. He flash's next his famous Isaac Lahey smile causing me to catch my breath for a second. It's the most familiar thing I've gotten from him since I left. It almost like it was before I did. Except we are sophomores hunting a Kanima and not eighth graders sitting in a treehouse.

When we walked in it was insane. It was like straight out of a movie. Music blaring so loud I can barely hear myself think, and bodies. So many bodies, dancing and shaking what their mother gave them. "Are you sure your gonna be ok!" I yell to him over the music worried remembering how claustrophobic he is.

"Yeah!" He yells back before grabbing my hand and grinning at me. "I'm gonna be fine." He drags me by the hand, through a sea of people, so we can track down Jackson.

Let the festivities began.