I begin to break away from the hug and Mani follows suit then pulls me into a kiss. Not just a peck, a loving kiss where our lips glide past each other so in sync like an intricate dance routine performed effortlessly. The warm soft touch of her lips sends jolts of electricity through my body and the taste of salt on my tongue from her tears only makes me want to hold her closer.

We break from our kiss and just embrace each other. I rub Mani's back as her head rests on my shoulder. I'm not sure how long we have been standing like this but time isn't something I'm truly worried about right now. Mani lifts her head from shoulder and stares at me so lovingly it almost makes my eyes swell with tears.

"Hi..." She says softly.

"Hi." I respond and she moves away from me but takes my hand in hers.

She pulls me inside and I close the door behind me. I heard Aiden drive away when I hugged Mani the first time so I lock the door. She continues to pull me along until we're in our bedroom. We get to the edge of the bed and Mani turns towards me. She then begins to take my clothes off without saying a word. Once I'm completely nude, she pulls me over to the bathroom and grabs a towel on the way. Mani hands me the towel then runs the shower. Once the temperature is the way I like, she pulls the shower curtain back and ushers me inside. Once I'm inside, Mani leaves the bathroom and closes the door.

I let the warm water wash over my body and enjoy the feeling. I close my eyes and let the water hit my face and flow through my hair. I hear the door open but I don't move an inch from my spot. Soon I feel the curtain moving and the warmth of a body behind me. Hands snake around my waist and I feel Mani press her head against my back.

After our shower, Mani and I just went to lie in bed together. Still nude, still speechless. We've turn to some movie on TV and tangled ourselves together. I want to know what she's feeling. I need to know if she's okay but I'm not sure if words can assure me of that. I sigh deeply and Mani turns her head towards me.

"Where are the kids?" I ask.

"Your cousin Jojo and Travis have them but they'll be back later." She says and I nod my head. I search for the remote when she turns her head back around towards the TV. I find it and press mute which causes Mani to turn towards me again.

"How are you?" I ask. She shrugs and sighs.

"How are you?" She asks and I shrug. I haven't taken the time to really evaluate how I feel. If I had to sum it up I would say...

"Scared." Mani runs her finger across my jawline and looks up towards the ceiling.

"Me too..." She says quietly. I bring my body closer to hers and rest my head on her shoulder.

"How are we going to get through this?" She asks.

"The same way we've gotten through anything else. Together." I take Mani's hand in mine and interlock our fingers.

Before I know it, Mani is totally knocked out. I have to figure out what I can do to protect my family in case something happens to me. I quietly sneak out of the bed and throw on a shirt and basketball shorts before grabbing my phone and walking into the living room. I scroll through my contacts until I find Travis but then my phone rings. It's Paul...

"Hello?" I answer.

"Lo, how was the clink?" He asks jokingly.