Chapter 11

Lauren's P.O.V

Aiden's been in school for a month now. We haven't had any problems and I'm thankful for that. He really likes school and even though he misses when we hung out all day, he's adjusted to his new schedule. Hanna and I have been doing a lot better. Since I had that dream...I became a little distant and I felt bad about it, I really did and since I wouldn't tell her what my problem was, she got frustrated. We patched everything up about a week ago though. I haven't really seen Normani lately. We've text and she's called to talk to me and Aiden but I haven't physically seen her but maybe once since my dream. I'm glad for that but I can't say I don't miss her.

I want her to be here on mornings like these. On Saturday mornings when Aiden and I watch cartoons and eat cereal in front of the TV. Aiden misses her too and he asks me all the time when she's going to call or come over or anything. I wanted to invite her over today but Hanna still doesn't like her and she spent the night last night. She's in the shower now and Aiden and I are still watching TV. I wanted to take him to the park today but it's almost October and it's starting to get cold. I think we might just stay in today. I hear Hanna get out of the shower and go to my room. I tell Aiden I'll be right back and I go into my room to see Hanna wrapped in a towel and looking through my closet.
"Are you going somewhere?" I ask as I walk behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Yes." She says. I try to pull her towel off but she tightens her grip on it.

"Stop. Aiden is awake and I really need to get dressed."

"Where are you going?" I ask. She better not say work.

"Work." I groan and move away from her.

"I'm sorry but I'm helping with a fashion show that's coming up."

I shake my head and walk out the room. I think I am going to invite Mani over. I go sit next to Aiden on the couch, I put my feet up on the coffee table and he tries to copy me but his legs are too short so he moves to the edge of the couch and his heels just reach the table. I laugh and he looks at me.

"What?" He says and I shake my head.

He looks back at the TV and I text Mani then Aiden gets up and leaves and I watch some stupid commercial.

No wonder he left. I hear heels clicking against my floor and I notice Hanna out of my peripheral but I don't look at her. She walks over to me then sits next to me on the couch.

"I'll be back soon." She says but I still don't look at her or say anything, She sighs and kisses my cheek then stands up.

"Tell Aiden bye for me." Then she's out the door. My phone vibrates and I look at the text that only says yes.

Aiden comes back and jumps on the couch next to me.

"Guess what?" I say and he looks at me curiously.

"What?"

"Normani's coming over." I say and he smiles brightly.

"Yes! I can beat her at Injustice. You're too hard mommy." He says and I chuckle. Most of the time I let him beat me up but I usually win in the end.

"What if she's good at it?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I still wanna play with her." He says and I nod.

"Okay."

When Mani gets here, he all but tackles her. I knew he missed her but I didn't expect that. I don't even get greeted like that from him. She picks him up and hugs him then puts him back on the ground. He basically pulls her into the living room and I chuckle as he starts talking a mile a minute. I close the door and go sit next to Normani on the couch. She's been smiling ever since she got here and I'm trying not to smile myself. Aiden hands her a controller and makes me cut on the game. When I sit back down Normani turns her head towards me.