Chapter 10

Lauren's P.O.V.

The first day of Kindergarten. These last few weeks just flew by and now his first day of kindergarten is today. It's just seriously insane to think I have a kid starting kindergarten. His school is about 20 minutes from our apartment. This morning he was incredibly excited, like jumping off the walls excited and now he's just...quiet. He's been like this since I started driving. I hope he's not scared or anything. When we get to the school I see Ally and Normani standing in front of the school waiting for us. They wanted to see him off on his first day and take pictures. I park my truck and we get out of the car. I grab his hand as we cross the street and Ally and Mani greet us with smiles.

"Hey buddy, ready for school?" Ally says to him and he just looks up at her.

"What's wrong?" Mani and I ask at the same time. He shakes his head and chews his nails.

"I think he's just a little nervous." I say.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. You'll meet new friends and have fun. Don't you want to have fun?" Mani asks and he nods slightly.

"It's about time to take him in." I say and we all start to walk to the door. As we walk through the halls, I feel Aiden squeeze my hand tighter and tighter. I hope he's okay. We get to his classroom and we're greeted by his teacher at the door. She's a young brunette, probably 5'2, 5'3 at the most.

"Hi. I'm Ms. Miller." She says with a smile and extends her hand to me. I shake her hand and return the smile.

"I'm Lauren, Aiden's mom." She nods and looks down at him.

"Hi Aiden, I'm Ms. Miller." She extends her hand to him and he hesitantly takes it.

"We're going to have a lot of fun this year okay?" She says as she shakes his hand. He nods his head and I sigh. I don't think this will go well.

"Are you ready to go?" Ally asks and he shakes his head causing some tears to fall. Damn it.

"I don't wanna go mommy." He says in a small voice and looks up at me with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'll give you a minute." Ms. Miller says and then goes back into the classroom. I grab his hand and pull him down the hall, away from the other parents and kids coming in. We turn a corner and I look down the hall to make sure we're alone. Once I'm sure we are alone, I bend down so I'm eye level with him.

"What's wrong? You were excited this morning." He wipes his tears and looks at me.

"I don't wanna go." I see a fresh wave of tears coming and I sigh and take his hands in mine. I did the same thing my first day of kindergarten, though no one knows about it but my parents.

"Are you afraid you won't make friends?" I ask and he nods.

"I wanna go home. I wanna be with you."

"I can't be with you, not today. You'll be okay and I promise you'll make friends. Me and aunt Ally met when we were in kindergarten." I say and he sniffles.

"You did?" I nod.

"And we're still friends. It'll be okay I promise."

"What if they don't like me?" He asks.

"For every one person that doesn't like you, ten people do. Now what's the bigger number? One or ten?"

"Ten." He says softly and I nod.

"I promise you they'll love you. All you have to do, is be you okay?" I say and he nods.

"Are you ready to do this?"