Chapter 8

Lauren's P.O.V.

That wine must have really put me to sleep because I've been sleep for a long time. Since that kid got here I've been up everyday at 9 but it's almost 12 now. I'm surprised he hasn't woken me up...wait. I shoot up out of bed and go to his room. I sigh in relief when I see him still sleeping. Yesterday must have tired him out. I walk over to his bed and run my fingers through his hair. He mumbles something in his sleep and I chuckle quietly. Maybe I won't wake him up just yet. I walk back out of his room and call Mani.

"Did you just get up?" She says when she answers. I walk to the kitchen and start a pot of coffee.

"Yeah. Aiden isn't even up yet."

"He must have been tired."

"Yeah. I should tire him out everyday so I can get some actual sleep."

"You're just lazy. What time do you plan on leaving?" She asks.

"I guess after he eats and gets dressed. Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"Well you can come over until we get ready to leave."

"Yeah sure. I'll see you in a bit." We say goodbye then she hangs up.

Now...what do I cook him? He does like hotdogs...yep I'm going with that. I get a pot and put water in it as I hear little padding behind me. I look over my shoulder and see him trying to sit in a chair at my island. I should probably get him a step stool or something. I go quickly grab him and sit him in the chair.

"Morning buddy." I say as I walk back over to the pot of water. I sit it on the stove and turn back to him.

"Morning mommy." I feel my heart stop. He just...um...that had to be an accident right? He's still sleepy and everything so, yeah he just got confused. I'll let it go.

"So um...we're going to the zoo today." I say and he smiles.

"I wanna see the lions!" He says excitedly and I laugh.

"Okay. Mani is coming too." He looks even more excited now.

"You like Mani?" I ask and he nods.

"She's the best!"

"Even better than me?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"You're the same but Mani's the funniest." He says. I put two hotdogs in the pot and sit next to him.

"I thought I was funny?" I say and he shakes his head.

"You're fun, not funny." I chuckle and shake my head.

"I think you're delusional." I say and he scrunches his face at me.

"Nevermind. Go brush your teeth and wash your face before Mani comes." He hops out of the seat and runs to the bathroom. I think he might have a little crush on her. He's told me he likes her more than Ally and I don't even think that's possible.

When he comes back I give him his hot dog then put him in the bath tub. After he gets out I let him go to his room and pick out what he wants to wear then I get in the shower. By the time I get out, Normani is here and let herself in. I only know because she walked in on me naked. Most of the time when that happens, people normally avert their eyes and leave right? Right. But not Mani, no she let her eyes wander for a while before she decided to walk out. I don't know if I should be mad or just laugh but laughing seems to be the only thing I'm doing.

After I finish getting dressed, I go out to the living room. Normani is sitting on my couch in a very colorful sundress and Aiden is next to her in a red Ralph Lauren T- shirt with a black horse on the left breast, red cargo shorts with a Chicago Bulls snapback hat and the red and black Jordans I bought him. For a four year old, he can definitely dress himself. I just threw on a red T- shirt and some jeans.