Chapter 27

Mani's P.O.V

I think I need more hobbies. For some reason, when I don't have worked piled to my ears, I always find myself being bored. I usually do something with the kids but Lauren took Jordan and Sierra out to lunch and Aiden is in his room. I guess I could call someone but I think everyone is busy. I know Ally and Dinah are since A just had their baby, Chelsea. She has Dinah's eyes and a head full of brunette hair, adorable. Now I'm just watching a movie in the living room.

"Ain't it fun, living in the real world." I hear Aiden singing as he leaves his room. He slides on the hardwood floor into the living room with his back towards me. His phone is in his hand and his headphones are in his ears. He starts dancing towards the kitchen, nodding his head to the beat of the song.

"Ain't it good, being all alone." He continues to sing. I don't think I've ever heard him sing before, ever. It sounds really good and he's really belting out this song. He must not know I'm here. He continues to sing as he goes through the refrigerator. I get up from the couch and walk to the side of the refrigerator door. I watch him open the jug of orange juice and he's still singing as he come up to drink some of the juice.

"Don't go cry -Ah Jesus!" He yells as he spills the juice on his shirt and move back from the refrigerator gripping his chest. I burst into laughter as he collects himself.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" He says as he goes over to the counter and grabs some paper towels. I close the refrigerator as my laughter dies down and he pulls the headphones out of his ears.

"I thought you left with everyone else." He says and I shake my head.

"No I was sitting in the living room when you slid in then started dancing." Aiden nods and starts to blush which causes me to chuckle.

"Why is this the first time I've ever heard you sing?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I only sing when you guys are gone."

"Why?"

"Why?"

"It doesn't sound good." He says and I shake my head.

"Your voice is really nice. Your school doesn't have a glee club?"

"I'm not sure. I don't think that's something I want to do though."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Stage fright. I can't sing in front of other people."

"You can play football in front of hundreds of people but you can't sing?" I ask and he shrugs.

"That's different."

"Not really." He shrugs again and turns on the water at the sink then wipes the juice from his chest.

"Why didn't you go with them?" He asks and I shrug.

"I figured they could use some mami time." Aiden nods as he throws the paper towels away.

"Oh, you know this could have went a lot worse." He says and I look at him curiously.

"What are you talking about?"

"When you guys leave, I sometimes walk around naked. I'm so happy I decided not to do that today." He says and I chuckle.