Chapter 13

Lauren's P.O.V

The next morning I wake up to brunette hair on my face. Normani is lying on top of me with her head in my neck. My arms are wrapped around her waist and there's a blanket on top of us. Did she wake up, get a blanket and then lie back down on top of me? She's still sleeping and I don't want to wake her. She's normally hard to wake up though so maybe I can get up without waking her. I try to shift her out of my neck but she grumbles and moves closer to me. So that's not going to work. Guess I'll just lay here until she wakes up.

"Why are you moving so much?" I hear her say. At least she got up earlier than I expected.

"I want to see what time it is." I say and she sighs then moves so that she's lying behind me on the couch. I get off the couch and stretch then look at the clock in my kitchen. It's only 9:30. Where the hell is my son? He's normally up and bouncing off the walls right now. I go check his room and surprisingly he's still in bed. That's a little weird. I go back to the living room but I don't see Mani. I sit on the couch and look at my phone. I text Hanna and ask her out to lunch.

"Lo?" I look up and to my right and see Mani coming to sit next to me.

"Yeah?"

"I asked if you wanted me to make breakfast."

"Oh. Sure if you want but Aiden is probably just going to want cereal." She nods.

"So do you want anything?" She asks and I shrug.

"One of your omelets?" She nods with a smile.

"I could do that. So any plans today?" I go to answer her but get a text from Hanna.

"Lunch with Hanna. I was wondering if you could watch Aiden while I'm out?" I ask.

"Sure. I can take him to the park to ride his bike since the weather is supposed to be okay today."

"That would be good. Thanks." She nods and puts her hand on my knee before she gets up and goes to the kitchen.

"What did you have planned today?" I look at her as she shrugs.

"Nothing really." I watch Normani move around my kitchen and something dawns on me. I remember when she told me her life plan when we were 20. By 22 she would have found the person she wanted to marry. By 24 she would be married and by 26 she would have a kid. I wonder if I fucked that up. I wonder if we never broke up, would she have a kid? Would we have a kid? I guess I'll never really know because it's the past but the future...it's still questionable.

Some times I hate to think of our relationship because of how much it hurt when it ended. When you tell someone you love them and you want them to be your forever but it ends...you recover and you eventually move on but that relationship...that wound...will always be there, no matter if it's healed or not, it's always there.

Aiden goes into the kitchen and says hi to Mani. They talk about something and he gets excited. She probably told him about the park. I like watching them together. Normani is amazing with him and I think she sees him as family. Everyone pretty much accepted Aiden with open arms. Chris and Travis took him to the batting cages, Joanna took him to the art museum, Dinah has tried to talk to him but he's never really interested and he loves Ally to pieces. This kids family has grown in size dramatically and he loves it. This kid has done things for me in such a short period of time, that I could never repay. I love him more than anything and every time I look into those green eyes I fall even more. I still can't believe I have this kid. My kid.