A showcase with @MissAshleighDre, author of savanah

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Nothing in particular inspired me to write Savanah. The idea came to mind whilst I was writing my first novel Maria, There were so many directions the plot could have gone in that I had not planned on for the storyline. So I decided to make it a 'Women In love' Series.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

Something I struggled with? I would say it was writing the parts where Savanah had first been harmed by Seth (Her boyfriend). 

It is something I have never experienced in my own life before, So it was kind of a challenge to express her feelings and emotions that she would be feeling in the situation she was in.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers

My response from readers has been good; they seem to be triggered by some of the events leaving comments under chapters defending the main character. 

I have received a few messages from readers asking questions. they couldn't understand why Savanah would stay with Seth. They were mad at me for it But I was trying to put it out there that it is something that happens in real life and this is just how my character was dealing with her situation and how she was going to grow and learn from it.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I loved writing about Savanah coming out of her shell. Doing things she would never have imagined herself doing for example (The Race scene) she was learning to enjoy life and do what she wants not what she has been told to do. I loved it.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Savanah is part of a series, The 'Women In Love' Series. I have two books in the series so far. The books are not related so can be read in any order but they are based on following the life of a woman struggling with Love.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

I would hope for my readers to maybe have an insight on the struggles some women have to deal with in real life. I would like them to remember that no matter who you are, you are strong enough to deal with any situation life has to throw at you.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

I would advise them to have a place where they wouldn't be disturbed when writing. I have two kids and sometimes it can be a struggle to write with them coming in and repeating mummy every two minutes 

Usually I would play music that was suited to the type of scene I was writing about that seems to help me a lot.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Yes Savanah's looks are based on my own facial features and what I look like. I would also be lying if I said her character didn't have some characteristics of my own.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

I think it would be the fact that Savanah isn't your normal High school romance novel. 

Savanah is way more, It's a drama, It's romance, It's watching her character grow to value herself and learn what she deserves from a lover.

10 do you have any future projects? 

I have a few ideas of the next novel in the 'Women In Love' Series. I am actually excited to dive into a new life and love story of a third woman of the series.