A showcase with @Last_Apprentice, author of His Queen

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Any other medieval-fantasy novel on Wattpad—I have always wanted to write one of my own considering that I adore the time where there were knights and queens and kings; but with a fantasy twist, of course.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Plot; I had no idea where I wanted the story to go, and this would cause me to lose inspiration for writing the story. But eventually I decided what I wanted to do, picked myself up and continued writing.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Mainly the moments with my two characters, Vanessa and her lover, Hendrix. I made them have a relationship that I myself have always wanted: one filled with tender loving care, and even a few heated arguments where they would pick up their broken pieces soon after and help each other with the mending process. It is truly a ship that has sailed; both of them had their doubts in the beginning, but in the end, everything worked out.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your writers?

The overall response that I have received in the past is that my book is "amazing" and that the characters and their reactions are "relatable" which is what I aim for. Although it is set in a world that was crafted within my mind, I wish for people to gain a sense of what my characters are feeling—to see if they have ever felt the same way.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It is part of a series—a series that I have not given a name to yet (please drop suggestions, haha)! It is the first book while "Her King" is the second, and there is an unnamed third.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I wish for them to take away the fact that I have written a book (along with many others) that can transport them to a world locked within their mind. I wish for them to visualize what is going on, and to tell me if I truly have achieved that—allowing me to know what I can do without realizing it myself warms my heart. It lets me see what I am capable of when my vision is clouded.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

When focusing on your story, write what YOU want to, not what OTHERS want—but keep in mind that if you want to please them then you have to please yourself as well! The story is yours, as are the characters and the plot. If you receive a comment telling you to do this and that, cast it aside and do what you wish.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Vanessa does not share anything with me, no, but Hendrix does. Personally, I love him more than I love myself. He harbors my compassionate and heartfelt yet stubborn attributes within his personality!

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The plot and the characters! I worked hard to drive the novel in a certain direction and I am proud of what I came up with. But with the characters, I have tried to make them as lovable and as relatable as I could, so I hope that they can stand out and shine in that way!

10 do you have any future projects?

Knowing me, always. I write basically every day, though I do have moments where I cannot even pick up my phone or sit in front of my computer to do so—that is when I am drained of creativity! I am not going to reveal anything, though, because I wish for it to be a surprise!